Slingshot - TKC Press release

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.
Post Reply
Tony
Site Admin
Posts: 5053
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:06 pm
Location: WWW
Contact:

Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:38 am

This came out on Tuesday, change of distribution in the UK for Slingshot
SLINGSHOT SPORTS APPOINTS TKC SALES AS UK DISTRIBUTOR

Distributor of action sports and active leisure equipment, TKC Sales has been appointed the exclusive distributor for Slingshot Sports products in the UK and Ireland.

The two companies make a perfect match: Slingshot Sports is a leading US-based designer and manufacturer of kiteboard, wakeboard and SUP (stand up paddling) kit, while TKC Sales is immersed in action sports. Renowned for having been a pioneer of the kite-sports industry here in the UK, TKC instigated the establishment of the British Kite-Surfing Association in 1999 and organised some of the earliest Instructor training to boost access to the sport.

Of the new partnership, Slingshot CEO Jeff Logosz, said “We are really excited about working with TKC going forward. The company brings a new level of professionalism that will benefit dealer relations and customer service in the UK.”

The UK and Irish distribution effort will be led by Richard Lane, with guidance and support from Matt Woodruffe, Director of TKC Sales, and his team. Richard’s experience in the UK boardsports industry makes him the ideal candidate to develop the entire Slingshot portfolio of products. Colin Jacobs, International Sales Manager for Slingshot Sports, added “Richard understands our products and culture and has strong business acumen. With the strength of the TKC team behind him, Richard is prepared to hit the ground running in delivering a new standard of service and professionalism in the UK.”
Currently distributing F-One, the brand that was created by Raphael Salles in 1994, TKC Sales has a wealth of experience in kite-boarding. With Richard Lane driving Slingshot Sports forward, and Dom Yule heading up the F-One account, TKC will be providing each one with their own separate, dedicated sales and marketing management team to ensure that they both fulfil their potential. Both F-One and Slingshot Sports will be backed up by TKC central services to deliver ongoing professional customer service and support.

Matt Woodruffe comments “I am delighted to enhance our kite and watersports offering with yet another ‘best-in-class brand’ in this, our 25th year of business. It’s a sure sign of our genuine involvement and legitimate qualifications in the inspirational brands that we represent.”
User avatar
g0nz0
Posts: 400
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:36 pm
Location: Costa del Calshot
Contact:

Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:17 am

Nice to see Slingshot distribution staying in the UK :)

Dan
BrightonSurf
Posts: 707
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:31 pm

Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:40 am

Certainly the end of an era with GRF no longer distributing Slingshot in the UK. “The company brings a new level of professionalism that will benefit dealer relations and customer service in the UK. ” - dont know what to read into that statement from the Slingshot CEO.
Sonnyrider
Posts: 1035
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:45 pm
Location: Bath, UK

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:42 am

BrightonSurf wrote:Certainly the end of an era with GRF no longer distributing Slingshot in the UK. “The company brings a new level of professionalism that will benefit dealer relations and customer service in the UK. ” - dont know what to read into that statement from the Slingshot CEO.

Maybe the new people wont have rants on forums, even if it is tongue in cheek english humour? :-)
james
Posts: 2496
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:50 pm
Location: lymington, hampshire

Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:41 pm

.
Tone
Posts: 1996
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:09 pm

Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:44 pm

james wrote:.
;)
BrightonSurf
Posts: 707
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:31 pm

Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:06 pm

Sonnyrider wrote:
BrightonSurf wrote:Certainly the end of an era with GRF no longer distributing Slingshot in the UK. “The company brings a new level of professionalism that will benefit dealer relations and customer service in the UK. ” - dont know what to read into that statement from the Slingshot CEO.

Maybe the new people wont have rants on forums, even if it is tongue in cheek english humour? :-)
It may be to do with the image of Slingshot with the BKSA, LGBT and Best communities in the UK :wink:
12Flow
Posts: 186
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:35 pm

Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:21 pm

About time! Took those folks over the pond awhile to realise they weren't being well represented. At least the new distributors doesn't have a high standard to overcome. :)
thetrash
Posts: 671
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:08 am
Location: east

Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:59 pm

12Flow wrote:About time! Took those folks over the pond awhile to realise they weren't being well represented. At least the new distributors doesn't have a high standard to overcome. :)

I thought they were well represented, if you didn't get GRFs humour then that's your fault. You never saw Slingshot kites being mega discounted thus killing the secondhand market in them. As long as they still do Dakine bags.
pierre
Posts: 761
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:30 pm
Location: Steering it!

Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:09 pm

thetrash wrote: I thought they were well represented, if you didn't get GRFs humour then that's your fault. You never saw Slingshot kites being mega discounted thus killing the secondhand market in them. As long as they still do Dakine bags.
You can already buy Dakine boardbags ofr surfboards in St Albans TK Max. :-D
james
Posts: 2496
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:50 pm
Location: lymington, hampshire

Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:50 pm

And what does that have to do with anything? GRF hasn't distributed Dakine for several years now
pierre
Posts: 761
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:30 pm
Location: Steering it!

Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:59 am

james wrote:And what does that have to do with anything? GRF hasn't distributed Dakine for several years now
It is just a bit of fun!
Lets do a bit of Best bashing. Shall we? :mrgreen:
james
Posts: 2496
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:50 pm
Location: lymington, hampshire

Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:42 am

Do what makes you happy?
Post Reply