South Africa 2010

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.
peteyb

South Africa 2010

Post by peteyb »

Hi All,

Just wondering who is out in Cape Town again this coming season? Theres a group of us going from W.Sussex in Jan and Feb so if anyone needs a place to stay we've got a huge 5 bed house that we have just sorted out with a pool, games area with pool table & bar, double garage - all open plan etc!

Would be good to get a full house!

Send us a message if your interested!

Cheers

Pete

North_Wind

Re: South Africa 2010

Post by North_Wind »

I am there 25 Dec to 16 Jan but already have accom. and car arranged. Would deffo be fun to hook up for trippage and beers/braai though.

BA

peteyb

Post by peteyb »

Hi James,

Yeah that would be awesome, where abouts are you staying? Where staying in the flamingo vlei!

Cheers
Pete

bri

Post by bri »

Booked 25th Dec to Jan 16th staying at The Kites Nest, James where are you getting your motor from?

g3legacy

Post by g3legacy »

Do you know roughly how much flights out there and back would be? My birthday in january so i was thinking about a kitesurfing trip somewhere windy 8) SA looks great from the videos i've seen. I haven't been abroad in years and years so i know nothing about flying or finding good accommodation.

Dan

jtkiter

Post by jtkiter »

im gunna be heading out there from the end of jan until the end of march... gunna be based in wellington tho cause im a winemaker.. but will be keen for some sessions and some bevys..

peteyb

Post by peteyb »

g3legacy wrote:Do you know roughly how much flights out there and back would be? My birthday in january so i was thinking about a kitesurfing trip somewhere windy 8) SA looks great from the videos i've seen. I haven't been abroad in years and years so i know nothing about flying or finding good accommodation.

Dan

Hi Mate,

Flights will be around £500 - £800 depending if you fly direct or not. Then car hire, accommodation, food and beer is cheap as chips! Our car hire for an old mercedes is around 2200R for a couple of months which is around 180 odd quid.

Its windy all the time there - defiantly bring a 7m!

Cheers

Pete

bri

Post by bri »

virgin go direct and south african airways via joberg which is what we've done.

I'd be interested in some car hire links if anyone has one. thriffty for 3 weeks is £500 odd.

jkiter you've got to go to meerlust vineyard stellenbosh, it is superb. they are very nice and the pinot noir and meerlust is bloody fantastic. Spiers is another one we'll re visit. If anyone is up for a day trip prior to new year for a good session on the vino and to stock up then we'll be up for it.

Great day out

peteyb

Post by peteyb »

bri wrote:virgin go direct and south african airways via joberg which is what we've done.

I'd be interested in some car hire links if anyone has one. thriffty for 3 weeks is £500 odd.

jkiter you've got to go to meerlust vineyard stellenbosh, it is superb. they are very nice and the pinot noir and meerlust is bloody fantastic. Spiers is another one we'll re visit. If anyone is up for a day trip prior to new year for a good session on the vino and to stock up then we'll be up for it.

Great day out

http://www.wilhelmsauto.co.za/

http://www.bestebeetle.co.za/

http://www.rentacheapy.co.za/

There probably some of the cheapest!

kylewannakite

Post by kylewannakite »

mmmm....BRAAI !!!!

george-chandler

Post by george-chandler »

I WANT IN!! sounds sweet man!

peteyb

Post by peteyb »

Yeah im getting excieted!

jtkiter

Post by jtkiter »

bri wrote:virgin go direct and south african airways via joberg which is what we've done.

Great day out

cheap car hire is Acker rentals... i got a merc for almost 380 for 3 months from jan this year... dont mention i told you cause i might have been offroading a few times and they didnt like what i brought back to them.. carefull with deposits tho, some people like to take the piss.

yeah bri ive been they are stunnings but vondeling is where i work and its even better!

anyway myy email is jms_thrn@yahoo.co.uk would be cool to know whos going to be around..

James

bri

Post by bri »

All booked up now bar 3 nights down the garden route. If anyone has any good ideas 3-4 star by Paradise Beach, St Francis Bay then let me know.

peteyb

Post by peteyb »

Awesome - defiantly do the bungee jump - the bigger one : ) its amazing!

Cheers

Pete