South Africa 2010

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.
bri

Re: South Africa 2010

Post by bri »

all done now I'll post the links once we've sorted everything. Yeah I did the jump last year. did the wire over to the bridge and then the jump. Old sphincter was a bit tight. Cage dive this year with a bit of luck.

Bring it on.

peteyb

Post by peteyb »

Hi Bri,

We did the cage dive and it was a bit of a waste of money as it isn't 'breeding season'. We were one of about 6 boats out there and we had to wait 4 hours to see a shark which was tiny and there was a massive que for the cage - so for 100 odd quid we didnt even get up close and personal with the sharks - bummer.

Apparently its defiantly worth it in the breeding season.

Cheers

Pete

bri

Post by bri »

cape town, widerness, oyster bay, plett, still bai back to ct. roll on

Brad

Post by Brad »

Hi Brian
Looking forward to you joining us at The Kites Nest.
Grant from Rent a Cheapie is the guy we use for well as the name says the cheapie's. Pretty reliable though and he has good back up service.
There are a few available though so can find out more if you would like.
The Kites Nest is filling up but not crammed yet...though I here that the accommodation this year is particularly scarce as the world cup has got everyone jumping.
The wind has been good fro the last while but is just warming up for the big blast.
Looks like the season will be the usual fun and there are some great new developments at Big Bay that should make any kiter happy.
Also a wreck outside kite beach that gives an awsome back drop for sunset sessions.

If there are any questions regarding the season please dont hesitate to ask and I will do my best to help out.

Cheers all

Brad

ashighasa

Post by ashighasa »

Yup, interested. 8) Subject to being out of work. Went to Ras Sudr for 3 weeks last year but prices have skyrocketed for some unknown reason. May be free from late November for a few months.

bri

Post by bri »

watersair
Antispam: No

Post by watersair »

Hey, Im looking to get out to Cape Town also.
Im applying for instructor jobs but failing getting offered full time work I might just get out there and see what happens.
Are you still looking for people to share accomodation? If so some details would be great.

peteyb

Post by peteyb »

Hi All,

Just to let you all know we have - a one spare bedroom left thats available from the 2nd Jan - 13th Feb

- A double room with en-suite from the 3rd Jan - 17th Jan

- A spare bedroom from the 3rd - 13th Feb

Theres a group of us renting a house all from the UK - left us know if your interested as it would be ideal if we can get this place filled - prices will be far cheaper than any guest house with all the same mod cons on offer - pool, games/bar room, secure parking, double garage, internet etc

Cheers

Pete

bri

Post by bri »

booked Blowfish for NYE very nice restaurant.

set menu is 650R for 4 courses and you can take your own wine in with 20r corkage. Cuban themed. Can send you the menu if anyone is interested.

surfbum

Post by surfbum »

Hiya - just wondered if anyone who's out in SA (Capetown, Langebaan) has a spare room/bed for a few nights around the week of 15th Feb? Am def going to be there for 2 weeks from 22nd but have some extra days off work :-D and if possible would be good to make the most and get out there earlier... The last 2 weeks will be sorted as in a group, but wanted to join some other people for a few days the week before. And if anyones flying out that week even better!!

Thanks, Amy

Brad

Post by Brad »

Hi Amy

I dont know what your budget is but have a look at www.thekitesnest.com
check out the rates page and it will give you an idea of cost
We have a room available and are pretty hooked up with the kiting community here.

regards

Brad

firefox

Post by firefox »

Yo dudes and dudettes

Cape Town has been awesome over the past 3 weeks since been here although not as much wind as usual this time of year, probably getting 4 days of kite'able wind a week but surfing most mornings and afternoons if windless.

Looking forward to seeing fellow Londoner's down south and enjoying a few coolies over a braai or two after some epic down-winders.

(    o|></
 \----|