Slingshot compstick mod

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.
kungfustew

Slingshot compstick mod

Post by kungfustew »

Can someone tell me how to mod the bar to above the bar depower using the existing rope.

Pictures would be sweet and a list of parts needed, I'm sure it's quite simple and someone on here will have done it.

james

Re: Slingshot compstick mod

Post by james »

you have pm.

Katana

Post by Katana »

james wrote:you have pm.

Be nice if we had the info instead of secret squirrel pm's???

Ta :-)

waverider

Post by waverider »

You can make this up yourself, it's a clam-cleat mounted with screws through two bits of thick webbing which also trap the chicken rope at that point. The chicken rope then continues to the loop, in this case through some polypropylene tube so the rope doesn't wear.

This is a Takoon arrangement, you wouldn't want the Takoon chicken loop but if you could cope all this was a spare part though things have changed at Takoon HQ yet again. Call Angelo, he will know if the part is available though you could easily knock it together yourself. It's simple and it works.

tunsis

Post by tunsis »

Mike S. knows how to do this as well

(sorry to drop you in it Mike :P )

Sonnyrider

Post by Sonnyrider »

Quick easy way is to use these from mutiny
Cleat http://www.mutinykites.com/content/mutiny-depower-cleat
Swivel http://www.mutinykites.com/content/mutiny-swivel-0 but you don't need one if you're using a Comp stick

disconnect the depower rope end coming through the chicken loop and use an Ozone webbing handle
http://www.surface-tension.co.uk/produc ... andle.html

I've tried the North one, but they are just too damn solid to try and get a depower rope through them

simple

james

Post by james »

Katana.

thanks for the heads up..

what i had written was a short version that wasn't ready to be put up on a forum but would suffice for what was being asked. also it isn't something that is officially sanctioned by Slingshot yet it could be interpreted in that way if i used my account to post it on here, so with respect it wasn't a case of secret squirrel or with holding information as i have been more than happy to share my thoughts on the conversion when asked before.

sadly it was a case of covering my ass before someone copies it something fails and the blame lands at my door…

5COT

Post by 5COT »

Hi James, I wouldn't mind the info myself if possible by PM, I do realise that any mods are my responsibility.

kungfustew

Post by kungfustew »

Thanks for the help boys & girls, I shall have a fiddle this weekend.

(not with myself....... Well maybe).

GRF
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

Post by GRF »

We do have some old conversion kits kicking around from the 2 line to 4 line days, they include the bits you probably need as well as some you probably don't, I'll find them on monday and bung them up on the spare parts bit of our site.. Here

mike.s

Post by mike.s »

Here`s a quick pic of the mod i made -

You can see theres extra rope dangling down under the handle you pull on the depower rope - you could shorten this so you don`t have it flapping around, but i left it as is so i could return it to standard below the bar depower.

Basically, you have to make sure the depower throw is the same as before and when you have the bar fully pulled in and the depower trimmed for maximum power (ie - the depower handle is up against the cleat) that all 4 lines are the same length. I had to connect the front lines on the 3rd knot down to achieve that.

I got the clamcleat from here -

http://www.clamcleat.com/cleats/cleat_details.asp?theid2=167

I think it was about £12 ish.

And, obviously, i`d only recommend doing this if you know what you`re doing :wink:

waverider

Post by waverider »

:-D Erm ????

Mick, I don't understand, from the chicken loop you still have two pieces of Amsteel. One goes around the centre of the universe and back to the clam-cleat. The other side isn't doing anything, so where does it go. On the photo it appears to travel in a straight line and disappear.

It's me isn't it ? :?

mike.s

Post by mike.s »

Thats your standard safety line :wink:

Connects to that red/black CSS hoop on top of the chicken loop - oh it looks straight because its elasticated.

waverider

Post by waverider »

mike.s wrote:Thats your standard safety line :wink:

Of-course it is, Slingshot release to a single front that slides through the centre of the universe. What about the chicken loop, doesn't look like a Slingshot CL.

G-Bru

Post by G-Bru »

waverider wrote:
mike.s wrote:Thats your standard safety line :wink:

Of-course it is, Slingshot release to a single front that slides through the centre of the universe. What about the chicken loop, doesn't look like a Slingshot CL.

Nope that is the standard CL for the Compstick bar Richard, its a push away safety. The Compsticks predecessor the SureFire was a pull safety and looked a little different.

CompStick

SureFire

BTW, nice mod boys!

G.