Ian Aldridge harness set up ???

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.
anotherlocal

Ian Aldridge harness set up ???

Post by anotherlocal »

Hi Brothers, looking at SprayMaster's Ian i spotted his curious harnes set up.

Can anyone find out WHAT he has under his chicken loop and WHY?
Perhaps better control on the extreme turns, freer body, on the critical, higher bar set up, easier surface 360's, swivel bar?

ummm,mm

El Presidente!

fdvj

Re: Ian Aldridge harness set up ???

Post by fdvj »

Dynbar?

greenroom

Post by greenroom »

It's just a carabiner attached to a length of Dyneema fixed across the front of the harness. Basically a DIY version of the Dynabar. I've got a Dynabar, and whilst a great bit of kit, various bits do wear and I've moved to this setup for the meantime.

mike dubs

Post by mike dubs »

Me too, I had a bar with a cut off hook, dyneema line and carabiner before I had a Dynabar. However as I posted on kite forum, I was checking my line the other day, as I'd been riding it hard for over a year. To spot the top bar of the spreader frame had split in two and was just holding on the bottom bar. It was invisable under the white netting.

Have gone back to my old set up and just feels the same, so will stick with my DIY version.

Mike

P.S will it ever stop £&@?ing raining.....!

anotherlocal

Post by anotherlocal »

Can you, please guys post some pictures of your harnes set up?

craigboddington
Antispam: No

Post by craigboddington »

anotherlocal wrote:Can you, please guys post some pictures of your harnes set up?

http://www.dynabar.nl/

Blast

Post by Blast »

Loads more info on the Dynabar here....
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=50968&start=15

Now in it's 7th Version and better every year.
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/inde ... ductId=431

anotherlocal

Re: Ian Aldridge HAS A MARGATE BAR

Post by anotherlocal »

Yep Dudes, we took the hooks out and my mate hooks up his chicken loop to the ring and i am on the carabina with my caprihna ids system without the chicken loop. Pictures to follow.

This is the way forward.... Ive had three cold sesh on overhead waves at PumpHouse in Margate and the thing works a treat, surfing with a kite how its meant to feel, free, loose, responsive, creative. Stoopid upwind angle 30% more, quicker to the line up... and then i wasnt prepared for 'The Monkey Swing' as i threw myself hard on powered up heel to toeside to slash, onto a looooong tail slide. Soo sweet to throw yourself more open, feels looser yet, able to iron out mistakes that a center anchor point (hook) would not allow.

Chop your hooks dudes, strapless finds itself!

Margate's finest.
Bandido Club.

El Presidente!

thetrash

Post by thetrash »

I'm not too keen on the look of both of those, it means you are relying on the chicken loop QR working when the shit hits the fan. At least with a hook you can get rid of the chicken loop even if it hasn't popped open.

pierre

Post by pierre »

It is a custom made Engine harness.
Loads of picture on the engine Facebook page.

mike dubs

Post by mike dubs »

I have been using my version for a couple of years, but with a wichard quick release, I showed El Presidente mine a couple of months ago on a very windy and big day at the pump house. It's fine using carabiners as long as you are confident in your chicken loop quick release.

My wichard means the chicken loop is about the same distance away as it would be with a hook, some of the carabiners will lose you a few inches of throw you just need to adjust for.

But it is definitely the way to go if you ride a surfboard.

El Presidente, I fancy coming down to the pumphouse a bit more this winter ( I met you when I came down with Lance ), any chance you could PM me your mobile number so I can meet up, as can ride any day during the week now.

Mike