Here you go, session this morning:)

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.
JohnM

Re: Here you go, session this morning:)

Post by JohnM »

so cool - would love to experience that :-D

southseasailor

Post by southseasailor »

I have had a pod of 5 to 6, hard to count them as it was quite choppy and they would not stay still:) about 4 yrs ago we had a large squid fishing boat moored in the local harbour...crew were being maltreated (far eastern mix of nationality) so some decided to wait till it was dark before jumping off and trying to make the shore...some of them died, the water being very cold and possibly them not being great swimmers.....the survivors all told of these Dolphins that were there, that kept pushing them up if they sank...where they would have obviously drowned.

Some years before that a local man was windsurfing in a difficult area, got caught out and couldnt ride...stuck out in kelp fields. Made it to the edge...Dolphins turned up and helped push him and his board to the shore. Not sure if these were Commersons or Peales Dolphins. Both true accounts anyway...they are a great creature:)

ChunkSter

Post by ChunkSter »

Love the vids what are the water temps like in that location

southseasailor

Post by southseasailor »

Mid winter...oh about +3 C or so...summer 8 or more. Some of the creeks and seaways can get suprisingly warm...warm enough to use shorts only if required.

One thing for sure is we usually get loads of wind, and loads of places to kite. Reading another thread about 'paying to kite' makes me realise that I am very lucky to have what I have...honestly, save for some half decent nightlife (severly lacking) I am quite happy here :)