Underground FLX 135x41 is it too small for me?

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.
bmccann
Antispam: No

Underground FLX 135x41 is it too small for me?

Post by bmccann »

I'm 95kg in my birthday suit and still a beginner, up and riding in both directions on my Nobile XTR 143x48 with the occasional controlled stop mostly mixed in with impressions of a submarine or Superman !

I've had the Underground board a while and never used it and can't decide whether to sell it and buy something bigger as my future go to board or keep it, if so what size? Advice would be most appreciated. Cheers.

JGTR

Re: Underground FLX 135x41 is it too small for me?

Post by JGTR »

I have had 2 FLX in that size, I'm 85-90 kg. I have found both to be perfect sizes for me, really good low end for a freestyle board (compared to a dedicated lightwind board) and don't feel to large and slow.

Personally I'd keep it and give it a few sessions before selling it but at you weight a larger board somewhere between the 2 would b ok aswell. The FLX isnt too small for you but you wouldn't want to go any smaller.

bri

Post by bri »

FLX is a great board and your board stance should also fit into your height. I'm just under 6ft and the 135 is perfect for around that height.

You need a full length mirror for this and your board. make sure you've got some clothes on in case the missus comes in. Slightly duck your feet, nothing drastic 5-10 degrees out. Take a plumb line from the oputside of your shoulder down and it should hit the inside of your heel, Thats a solid stance for you. To narrow foot stance and you'll be arse over tit and to wide you'll feel it in the thighs. The FLX gives you a few stance options so one of them should be close.

Thats why Slingshot and one or two other brands have the fastrack so you can tune the stance to the individual.

Once you get your skills up you'll see the 135 - 137 length as a sweet spot and I'd flog that Nobile as it'll only hold you back or just use it for light wind days. Big ass boards are like driving buses. If you want a longer board look at something like the Mako, gives you the length without the width.

thetrash

Post by thetrash »

Keep it, I've only just now traded my FLX in that size and I'm 100kgs. I loved mine, it's a great board. My new board is better though :wink:

bmccann
Antispam: No

Post by bmccann »

Thanks dudes, appreciate the feedback. Will definitely keep the board.