Have you ever...

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.
JGTR

Have you ever...

Post by JGTR »

bumped into someone at the beach then realised they were on this forum, what happened?

I bumped into James at Mersea, he was with a friend of mine, quite embarrasing as I thought back through all the rubbish I post on here trying to remember if I've ever slagged him off :oops:

When I first started kiting I went on a ropadtrip with a mate, after nearly killing myself at Sandwich in Kent we bumped into a guy who flew foils IIRC and kited the afternoon away in some weird estuary type place, had a great time and we all got on really well, after a couple of years I found out it was Wookie/Mr X who I've have in teh past had a few online rumbles with :lol:

Can't wait to meet Waverider, now that would be weird!! :-D

I've also had people at my local beach say that they were reading my posts on the different forums, now that can be embarrasing :P :oops:

pierre

Re: Have you ever...

Post by pierre »

I did meet Safety Crab at a work development do a few years ago.
We actually used to work in the same company.

Funniest thing ever is that he was wearing a pink Speedo.

Mr X

Post by Mr X »

pierre wrote:Funniest thing ever is that he was wearing a pink Speedo.

I always thought he was a bit of a panzy :lol:

Mike B
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

Post by Mike B »

I do meet a few people at demo's etc travelling round..
It's very good to put names to names..
make the forum much more interesting when you have met the people behind the posts :-)

southseasailor

Post by southseasailor »

Its basic netiquette isnt it...ie not typing things out that you wouldnt be prepared to say face to face. Quite scary with recent news on Blogs and such like where personal opinions are getting taken to task. Got to be careful what you write these days...'Thought Police' next ?

Too Much Wind

Post by Too Much Wind »

The real question is how many have you met and not known about it?

TMW

GRF
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

Post by GRF »

Yep, made a point of meeting all those I used to call windowlickers back in the day, only to find out they were exactly that :wink:

It does help to know folk you're typing bullshit to half the time so they can get the gist of your nature and perhaps even realise that half the bollox you spout, you probably don't really mean..

The trouble is, time passes, kites get easier, access to tossers improves, with the result that even Mr X achieves status, then again in the kingdom of the blind... :wink:

Safety_Crab

Post by Safety_Crab »

Mr X wrote:
pierre wrote:Funniest thing ever is that he was wearing a pink Speedo.

I always thought he was a bit of a panzy :lol:

Haha that was a fun weekend pierre!

I met wack00s surfing in Norfolk. I recognised his van from the photos where he cut his arm to bits. I introduced myself as safety_crab. Fair to say his partner was not so forum struck and not impressed by wack00s shouting 'it's safety crab, safety crab' , must have thought we were a right pair of loosers...fair assessement.

The only people I wouldnt like to meet would be the following:

Mr X: Due to his timeless unwaivering dedication to the cause of being vapid (and no that isnt airush's latest offering).

Waverider: Most likely I would be held hostage in a pit in his paddock, old hannibal up top eating my liver and talking about johnie eisler after market kite mods. libelous....maybe...but its probably what would happen.

anthonylanglands
Antispam: No
Location: http://www.kiteaddicts.co.uk http://www.essexkitesurf.co.uk/

Post by anthonylanglands »

I meet some mouthy fireman git from Saaarfend , :wink:

Lol but i have had peeps come up to me on the beach and talk about something i've posted ... not having a clue who they are :roll:

JGTR

Post by JGTR »

anthonylanglands wrote:I meet some mouthy fireman git from Saaarfend , :wink:

Lol but i have had peeps come up to me on the beach and talk about something i've posted ... not having a clue who they are :roll:

I have never claimed to be anything else :-D

I did see a long curly haired brunette from afar kiting like a girl, was very disappointed when it turned out to be Ant :wink:

fdvj

Post by fdvj »

I met Fokitien.

JGTR

Post by JGTR »

fdvj wrote:I met Fokitien.

And........does he talk normal in real life?

gudge

Have you ever...

Post by gudge »

What i would like to know is where is the weird estuary place that you mentioned??

JGTR

Post by JGTR »

gudge wrote:What i would like to know is where is the weird estuary place that you mentioned??

Somewhere between Ramsgate and Sandwich,think it is now a RSPB sanctuary, wasn't that great

Tony
Site Admin

Post by Tony »

I've lost count of the number of times someone has walked up to me and said "are you tony from kiteboarder" it's always a pleasure though! I was having a shave once in the car park at watergate when someone recognised me!
Met so many people over the years as I do get around a bit, even talking to guys out in places like Tarifa etc, they usually know who I am!
The kiteboarder bus for many years was a Chevy van and was instantly recognisable! Under the radar a bit now in my uber economical BMW!
We should start a "mugshot" thread!
T