Powerkiteshop....wtf?

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.
BigstevieG
Antispam: No

So I ordered some stuff from powerkiteshop on 27 May. Got an auto email straight away saying I'd be debited for the items once they are dispatched. To date I've received no products, no emails, nada! I've emailed them twice now to ask for an update on my order and have had no reply.

The items I ordered were not listed as out of stock when I ordered.

Anyone else have problems with these guys. Pretty shabby customer service if you ask me (I've had a previous experience with them that left me unimpressed).

Don't think I'll be ordering anything from them again!
tombeaton

phone them up - very approachable and easy to deal with guys!
Karen&Ben

Yeap - same thing happened to me - ordered stuff only to be told (after ringing) that they weren't in stock for another month or so....suffice to say I cancelled the order.
North_Wind

Try tom at KiteitRight. His website says what is in stock and what isn't.

Or call him as he's pretty straight with customers.

BA
BigstevieG

So I've now had comms from powerkiteshop.

Seems one of the items is still on order. It is frustrating when places don't say if something is out of stock.
skeezer

Baught two boards, boots, kites, from the powerkite shop and thay are 100% realy nice buch of guys. Also had a issue with some faulty footstraps and thay replaced under warrenty super fast. Just orderd a new slingy board which will land on monday so all in all a big shout out to team powerkite shop brrruppp brruppp
Filthy

BigstevieG wrote:So I've now had comms from powerkiteshop.

Seems one of the items is still on order. It is frustrating when places don't say if something is out of stock.
You must have got a good deal on it to wait? I'd have gone elsewhere.....
Mike B
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

I don't like to take sides, but Like Tom said, if you ever have any queries, phone them.
Sometimes things go wrong, but I am very sure that it's not through apathy or a lack of care / interest. The industry is not as big as everyone thinks, and everyone (PKS included) tries to be on the ball as much as possible, and certainly if you bring things to their attention, like any dealer in the UK, they will bend over backwards for you. They may not know there is a problem, something may have gone wrong....
thetrash

When ordering from a shop it's always best to phone them and see what they have or don't have.
Roland

thetrash wrote:When ordering from a shop it's always best to phone them and see what they have or don't have.
And if they don`t have just ask how long it`ll be befor they do..... simples!!
joe_mgh

I disagree. If you buy on the internet you shouldn't be expected to phone up and double check to see if the goods are in or if you'll have to wait. That's the store's job. If the product isn't available for immediate dispatch, the product page should explicitly say so. If there has been a mix up and the product is unexpectedly not available, then call the customer immediately and grovel.

A quick conversation here in the office and everyone has experienced this issue when buying such things as bike bits, knee braces, washing machines, wetsuits and so on... Drives us all crazy.

In every instance that I've been let down, I cancel the order and buy from somewhere that has committed to stock and can dispatch that day. I see no sense in supporting stores that don't support the brands.

On a professional note, Powerkiteshop do buy from us, preorder, stock well and I've never had a complaint make it as far as me. There are always mix-ups and problems in any business and forums are not the quickest or fairest way of getting things fixed. These threads hang around for years and can damage a business' reputation, so if you have an issue with an order, email/phone/tweet the store and have a chat. I can understand the need if a store is being awkward, but give them a chance to sort it first...
fen

loads of shops advertise stuff to be in stock, to then go and place an order for it once you have placed an order.
missmaura

Ordered Mystic Storm Hoodie without earphones from Powerkiteshop.
Item wasn't in stock
I was contacted next day, offered an apology and offered the Storm Hoodie with headphones at a discounted rate that was virtually same price as the hoodie without earphones.
Service I got was great so no issues about Powerkiteshop....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
BigstevieG

Ok I think the tone of my original email was a bit harsh but I was frustrated that I'd had no reply to my emails. Seems they may have got lost in the ether. I should also point out I wasn't charged for the items. Communication is now back on track.

It's a pain though if you need a product for a certain date (a weekend away for example) and nearly two weeks after ordering the item you've heard nothing. I agree it absolutely should not be up to the customer to call to chase up orders made. But it seems to be a fairly common thing.

Yeah the reason I'm sticking with powerkiteshop for the stuff is that it seems a decent price and also had a 15% discount code.