T-Rex

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.
GRF
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

Ordinarily I'd put stuff like this in the board or trade section, but it's such a departure from the norm and an idea that has produced a really novel board type and has already been emulated in Surf by a young kid to great effect reaching the finals to be taken out by none other than Kelly Slater.

Whatever.. It's loosely called wake style surf as you can see from the shape a wake style nose with a swallow tail, it has a three to five fin set up, so you can tighten or loosen up the feel. Five for max traction and blistering get you back up wind action, three for loose tailed slash and swivel, turn and burn.

Don't even think about it, get out on one if you get a chance at a demo, they were the firm favourite of all of us on our recent Slinger Trip hardly any of the other boards were out there once ridden, you just had to use it again and again, three sizes one to suit all weights, coupled to the new higher powered small Rallys it's just a sensational board for our coastline.

It's one of Tony Logosz creations and every now and again his board shaping Genius really shines through (he's been hand building boards in the Gorge forever and has built some amazing windsurf, wake and kiteboards in his time).

What its got, obviously a faster rail radius for what would be a considerably longer board, plus something interesting going on underneath that I didn't get to snatch pics off (they were all embargo'd at the time).

Anyway it's a new style I expect you'll be seeing offerings from other brands as well as time goes by, but either way if you get chance get out on one, with or without straps, I think you'll be pleased at the ride.

Too Much Wind

GRF wrote:it's just a sensational board for our coastline.

Looks like the old naish mutant with a swallow tail to me. Is it a mutant? What designs aspects and why makes it so sensational for our coastline please? Looks interesting but i am having difficulty seeing such a large square nose being nothing more than a hindrance in surf.

TMW
GRF
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

It's got a tad more flotation I'd imagine than the old mutants, I still ride a Fuse which is the old style mutant, this is nothing like it, rides totally different, you're not edging/railing it, you ride it off the fins surf style, yet the rail is longer and more drawn than the normal surf style which gives that slightly unsettled upwind feel, if anything this feels a tad more race style in it's windward and reaching, but then off wind it is pure surf magic, just a fun machine, you can't put it all into words, that slab front just deals with whitewater better, think on the way out at camber or anywhere with lots of white break before you turn to come back in.

edit, Not a mutant, no fins up front, five boxes at the rear
Tone

How much we talking?
Sonnyrider

Tone wrote:How much we talking?

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=57043
fdvj

Inspired by the Firewire vanguard, or just a normal shape with the nose cut off like the North freestyle fish?
dedalus

Love it - Was just thinking we need a jumping machine that goes round corners on saturday and that its time someone looked at it again. Nice
lordfak

http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... 3&start=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nimo

Aahh, this is the board I was talking to 24-7 boardsports about as my next purchase. I am after something to use as pretty much an only board for all conditions. what are the chances of a demo board being available? I think I will be after the smallest one.
GRF
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

nimo wrote:Aahh, this is the board I was talking to 24-7 boardsports about as my next purchase. I am after something to use as pretty much an only board for all conditions. what are the chances of a demo board being available? I think I will be after the smallest one.
Ask 24-7 to get hold of Stacey, he's in demo mode right now and has one on board, the bastard won't let me near it..
Nath

would be interested in a demo too, as I am also after this sort of board for all conditions.

Looks like my 5'3 Noseless, but would need it to be a lot stronger if it was going to be jumped.

I want to get rid of my TT and noseless and was thinking of a Nugget style board but this could be another option?
fatfish98

Slingshot also do the 'Nugget' style board called the 'Space Pickle' see it here http://www.slingshotsports.com/kite/pro ... urfboards/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GRF
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

Nugget? WTF is a nugget? Who would call a board a Nugget?

A German speaker no doubt..

Ha think I'll ride my nugget today.. doh. :?
spewing

GRF wrote:Nugget? WTF is a nugget? Who would call a board a Nugget?

Geoff McCoy

You probably don't surf :-D
GRF
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

spewing wrote:
You probably don't surf :-D
Nope not since 1982 on Waikiki after that it never seemed the same over here.