T-Rex

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.
GRF
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

C4C wrote:Are there still any demo's kicking about?
Yes, where do you need it to be?
C4C

GRF wrote:
C4C wrote:Are there still any demo's kicking about?
Yes, where do you need it to be?
my house? lol ill pm you ;)
GRF
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

One waiting for you at CBK, give them a ring to confirm..

then come back and tell us how you got on? :wink:
waverider

I might not be posting but I'm keeping an eye on you Graeme, got me splitting my sides a few times reading this thread. When are you going to take me out and get me drunk like you used too, and a few freebees, of-course. :-D

On the issue of kite-surf-boards I had a few including that celeriac thing which was a lovely board but I couldn't ride it, I'm close to crap at riding surfboards the smaller they get and the more dedicated towards kitesurfing they get, the more crap I get but I can can ride this gnarly-old-beat-up cheap surfboard because there is plenty room to faff-about.

My take on it is I don't see that many good riders to ask for help, I see plenty who are a crap as I am and they quickly revert to a TT which is what I did.

Shame really, its such fun on a surfboard but for gods safe take the straps off. A strapped surfboard is very un-cool no matter how jazzy your pants are.
GRF
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

waverider wrote:I might not be posting but I'm keeping an eye on you Graeme, got me splitting my sides a few times reading this thread. When are you going to take me out and get me drunk like you used too, and a few freebees, of-course. :-D
I really should come up there some time before I lose the will to live. :wink: However I've had a few nasty alcohol fuelled instances of late, the last involved someone setting fire to the bar as i was dancing on it, not good at my time of life, especially when all the young girls dive off and leave you there alone looking every bit the ageing perv, burning for his sins..then there are the memory losses and the black eyes the bread knife hands out on occasion if I end up crawling into the wrong bedroom and vomiting.. This age thing, never realised alcohol tolerance would also fail.
As to those surfboards, the very board under discussion gave me my first walk of shame in a while out in Dom Rep when I fisted up the gybe and yes it had straps on, maybe it wouldn't have been such a problem without.
waverider

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Oh-yes, I learnt that without straps I didn't bump into straps and with a wide-and-fat learner board the thing would glide whilst I slowly made up my mind what I was going to do. The problem these young-uns have (Some of them are over 50) is they can't cope with being being a novice so they buy they singingist-and dancingist little number you have to offer so they can stroke it and stroke themselves.

What was that you said about narcissism ?
GRF
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

waverider wrote::-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

What was that you said about narcissism ?
It's a Personality Disorder probably a bit more widespread in our environment than many would admit..

ImageCabrinha Rider?
GRF
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

Well things have changed a bit and we're having a clear out sale, chance to pick one up better priced, keep your eyes open.
Sammiye

Them the ones on eBay GRF?

Had my eye on them...
C4C

I got me one of those eBay ones, after I tried the demo. I really like the board!! I currently ride the 2013 celery I put the boards together and it looks basically like they cut the nose off, and fish tailed it. But for me I like that :)

Currently having a play with the fin combo's, tried quad and goes upwind well, also if you centre you weight over the board it is pretty good in light winds. Looking fwd to trying just the smaller fins for even more of a skatey feel...

The only thing I dislike about sling boards it the pre fitted pads. I removed my celery onesies I prefer wax, and trex front one is not far enough fwd for my liking...
Sammiye

Nice!

What size did you go for? I loved my 2011 Celeritas. Great boards for the S Coast UK. Should never have got rid of it!

Currently on a 5'8 Resin8 Scoop which has 5 fin boxes to mix it up. Prefer quad at the moment. But concerned about the boards longevity for "freestyle" stuff I'm trying.
Sammiye

Nice!

What size did you go for? I loved my 2011 Celeritas. Great boards for the S Coast UK. Should never have got rid of it!

Currently on a 5'8 Resin8 Scoop which has 5 fin boxes to mix it up. Prefer quad at the moment. But concerned about the boards longevity for "freestyle" stuff I'm trying.

Have to say I'm tempted but still a hefty price tag!
C4C

Sammiye wrote:Nice!

Have to say I'm tempted but still a hefty price tag!
Ive got the 5'11 celery, and 5'6 trex Sammy. celery was good until I upgraded the fins, now with some mick fannings on there it goes like a dream!! and construction is pretty bomb proof as some idiot decided to reverse there car over the tail end!! I had a professional repair done (obviously) but the damage was more cosmetic than anything. It looks as it did the day I got it again.

as for trex construction, after just two sessions on her ive found a small ding on the rail already :roll: my fault, I lost my footing and impacted it hard with my knee (obviously I have superman knees, or I just hit a weak spot), anyway droped it off yesterday for a quick repair ready for this weekends winds.

Pricey, but deffinatly fun, im interested to see what slingy do with the 2015 version?? Personally for me its worth the money, one of the most fun boards ive ever had was a liquid force kitefish, and its taken me back to just having fun with it, rather than a regular surfboard just hunting waves.