Fukushima any one concerned?

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.
waverider

Over the years I've been having that stuff i've had some nice bits of timber that I've re-sawn and planed though it's not heart wood you realise. Oak sap wood is still useful though. They used to be £30 a bundle, with a decent chainsaw you can slice through the bundle leaving the bindings on to hold it together. Almost like slicing a loaf of bread but it's bummer if there's a nice bit right in the middle.

I cant get it now, I think they cut it themselves, put it into nets and sell to to garages.

I found a photo of a makeshift woodstore that was quickly banned because it looked like something a market trader would use. :-D That is the cut wood from one pack, two packs fills it to the the brim plus fills a woodstore at the back of the house which makes about four cubic metres in total.

GRF
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

Banned? You should have been taken to the side of the road and shot, or at the very least offered a one way trip to Switzerland Ryan Air. What were you thinking?
Deck chairs by the look of it.
And then the ones on the Titanic..
waverider

GRF wrote:Banned? You should have been taken to the side of the road and shot, What were you thinking?
Deck chairs by the look of it.
And then the ones on the Titanic..
:-D Dreadful, I know. It was all a rush for some cover for a few days that lasted a few weeks. Unfortunately. She still brings that photo out when we're with friends, sort-of after-dinner-jokes. :oops:
carlos_c

That article is a reflection of overfishing more than of the radioactive leak.......actually the leak will have positive effects in the area as it will put a halt to Japanese fishing and the stocks may have a chance to recover
bri

I think it’s the 50 year clean up that’s going to be the issue, along with the chronic stress, alcohol abuse, lack of skilled labour, risk of infection that’s going to be the real issue.

The 3 headed fish restocking will be a side issue
kite-uk

Well I have had my letter read by Defra and they have infact replied to me !!

They are not poo pooing my letter the person who wrote it did infact agree that there was low levels of radioactivity direct from Fukushima detected right here on the south coast. These quickly declined in a matter of weeks. They are no longer detectable in the UK and it's waters.

As for fish they have in place measures to check and test for the food chain.. ( shame they didn't for horse! )

Ref my question on fish stocks esp Tuna there are no concerns at this stage as the tuna is subject to natural redioactivity.

So reading the all clear from Defra I am not going swimming and I have taken up eating Iceland beef instead of fish! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rakeem15

kite-uk wrote:Well I have had my letter read by Defra and they have infact replied to me !!

They are not poo pooing my letter the person who wrote it did infact agree that there was low levels of radioactivity direct from Fukushima detected right here on the south coast. These quickly declined in a matter of weeks. They are no longer detectable in the UK and it's waters.
Did they say how the radioactive material was transported? I still find it hard to believe it was water-borne.
waverider

kite-uk wrote:( shame they didn't for horse! )
Good point and i'm happy you consider their response satisfies you. :( Well-done for dragging a response out of them, please make sure you have copies.
kite-uk

rakeem15 wrote:
kite-uk wrote:Well I have had my letter read by Defra and they have infact replied to me !!

Did they say how the radioactive material was transported? I still find it hard to believe it was water-borne.

no but I have not gone though it all as each question I put to them they answered in short but also gave me the direct link ( web site ) to explain even further which will be one eveing and a glass or two of red wine to read it all..

Waverider

if you don't ask you don't get and too many people just come up with answers on other peoples behalf. ( normaly wrong ) so I just write and ask and they respond.. DVLA are the best ones they have no idea :lol: :lol:
waverider

Ahh-sorry, it wasn't a criticism. From experience 'they' have this tendency to work between keeping their jobs and satisfying everyone. Top marks for squeezing an explanation out though.
kite-uk

I didn't take it as that don't worry. Just saying if you or any one has a question just ask. I do.