Wetsuit shampoo

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.
Sonnyrider

666 wrote:
BrightonSurf wrote:What the hell kind of person goes to toilet in their wetsuit
There are two types of wetsuit wearer, Those who piss in their suits and those that lie. :-D
Or the ones with OCD who just can not ?
BrightonSurf

Sonnyrider wrote:
666 wrote:
There are two types of wetsuit wearer, Those who piss in their suits and those that lie. :-D
So kitesurfers who dont piss on themselves are either liars or suffer from OCD :roll: How about going to toilet before you go kitesurfing.

Next you will be telling me you don't pick your nose and eat it :-D
GRF
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

I can't believe I'm reading this.. Pussymummyboy Bowmo's washing their wetsuits in special shampoo, I'm off to the foot of our stairs...

You take it off in the shower and hang it up gheyboys..

And you don't duck dive in a dry suit with bootees when you'd pee'd the legs full, that is all you need to know.

GRF wrote:I can't believe I'm reading this.. Pussymummyboy Bowmo's washing their wetsuits in special shampoo, I'm off to the foot of our stairs...

You take it off in the shower and hang it up gheyboys..

And you don't duck dive in a dry suit with bootees when you'd pee'd the legs full, that is all you need to know.
Showering is for gheyboys, real men have baths.........once a month :-D
GRF
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

Er real men take golden showers don't they?
sir Earth
Antispam: No

No,no,no...
The only time you should take your suit off is when replacing it with a new one.

Occasionally stretch out the ankle to let the debris fall out.

Come on man up you lot. :-D
ronnie

From their baby product range this works very well on boots and wetsuits.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/milton- ... -1-1576916" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
waverider

Can someone explain to me why Milton has become popular for cleaning wetsuits. It contains sodium hypochlorite which is corrosive and yet more salt for your salty wetsuit. Half the problems with neoprene are salt crystals and constituents of urine which also stay within the neoprene if the suit isn't washed correctly.

When you dunk your suit in a bath of cold water you're only halfway to cleaning it compared to using a washing machine, If you daren't approach your wife/GF or mum about using the machine for your stinking suit you'll need to explain that it stinks because you're not allowed to keep your £300 investment cleaned regularly.

When your lovely suit comes out of the machine it will still have water dripping from the parts that didn't get centrifuged, just hang a bucket under it in a room with a dehumidifier and it'll be dry the next day.

Wash it in Woolite, it's pink.
kite-uk

Sonnyrider wrote:
666 wrote:
That's me! The OCD one ! Piss in your suit !!! Man sounds like a lot of you like weeing on your self no thanks! Glad I have a loo on board the camper ! Before I go out.

But the suit smells in general like all suits so I every now and then stick in the machine rinse and spin only works great
waverider

I already admitted to pissing in my suit regularly until I have a motorhome. I thought it was an age thing to need a piss as soon as I got in the sea so I shared it with someone who I thought might know the answer.

You-all have an excuse, including me and though it is very convenient to squeeze out the last drops before you pull your suit on you can't just hang-out and piss where you please.

I'm really not going to try to remember the explanation in great detail, it appears that fluids stored in the body transfer quickly and make their way to your bladder as soon as you pull a suit on. Even after i've emptied my bladder i've wanted a pee though because it was empty I can resist the urge.

There are certain things you can easily get away with in the car park, showing your ass is often amusing and even a full frontal might not offend but having a piss in public isn't on.

Back to the suit washing thing, when I pissed in my suit the washing routine established itself for obvious reasons. I've been wearing wetsuits all my life starting when I was sailing. I didn't look after those suits, they often smelt and often cracked just like in the photo. All-in-all and adding up my life's experience these are the things that f*ck your suit up, sun, urine, perspiration and whatever is in the water you sail on. Wash your suit in a machine in a simple gentle soap solution at 30 degrees (40 if your machine won't go to 30) and your suit will last a lot longer.

Milton ? NO.

If your boots stink turn them inside out whilst they dry, same with your suit. A squirt of anti-bacterial that your mum uses in the kitchen will help with the stinking boots and your feet. What I found by turning my boots inside out regularly was the the outside of the boot would stink occasionally so that must tell us something.

If you leave a clean wet towel scrunched in the boot of your car or the bottom of that plastic bucket it'll stink within a few days, that also tells us something.

Milton ? NO
sijandy

Is it pissing in the suit that causes that killer leg itch when you come out of the water?? Drives me nuts!
waverider

Because this issue of irritation comes up annually we are slowly becoming more knowledgable though there isn't a defining answer. Different people seem to affected by different irritants.

In my case the irritation I suffered was caused by pissing in my suit and not washing it out thoroughly enough. Once I started using the machine wash it solved my problem even though I still pissed in my suit. Then having the ability to empty by bladder before I pulled the suit on helped because even on the odd occasion I didn't get to wash my suit, (Tiree for ten days) I still didn't get the itching.

Others might be affected by their own perspiration or maybe allergic to neoprene, certainly a couple of forum-ers found that taking an anti histamine helped stop the itching but didn't identify the cause.

Why not try to stop pissing in your suit by taking a bottle with you that allows you to have a piss before pulling your suit on, getting a diagnosis is a long way to solving the problem.
greenroom

All this complexity is really not needed. Most folks I know have some sort of flexible plastic tub for carrying their wetsuit in the back of their car/van. Take off your wetsuit, chuck it in said tub. Get home, fill tub with fresh water from the garden tap. Give your wetsuit a good dunking for a minute and hang it up to dry. Easy. No need for machine washing or fancy pants shampoos. My (O'Neill :-D ) wetsuits smell and feel just fine.
sijandy

Why not try to stop pissing in your suit by taking a bottle with you that allows you to have a piss before pulling your suit on, getting a diagnosis is a long way to solving the problem.
And miss out on that lovely feeling of fresh hot piss running down the inside of my suit on a cold winter morning... no chance. Might give the washing machine a try, it's about 4/5 years old now so doubt it'll do it much harm.