Older Kiteboarders in the UK

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.
kite-uk

Lol Yes Dave hiw many times have we rescued Dave this year :-)

I just hope I'm out at 78 like me Cummings :-)
andyjiggs

David really is amazing,he's doing all the things we all wished we could do full time through our twenty's and thirty's all through his seventies.
Not a bad life pleasing yourself kitesurfing and windsurfing through the summer and skiing during winter months and still fit as a fiddle as far as I can see.
He's become a bit of a local legend and deservedly so and long may he continue!
tim clark

I suggest Harry (can't remember is surname) who used to Ksurf in Brighton. Haven't seen him for ages, hope he is still out surfing, must be about 70 now. Used to make his own land kites and used to paraglide. A real gent... with the stories!
Some of the original Brighton crew like the Kellner bros may still know him...
ob1857
Antispam: No

ajck wrote:

Alex,
Unless someone has already done it, PM me your details and I will get them to David to contact you.

Matt
Thanks Matt - I have already been put in contact with David, a great character so thanks for the help everyone.
Look forward to seeing a short film if it goes ahead!!!
Blast

tim clark wrote:I suggest Harry (can't remember is surname) who used to Ksurf in Brighton. Haven't seen him for ages, hope he is still out surfing, must be about 70 now. Used to make his own land kites and used to paraglide. A real gent... with the stories!
Some of the original Brighton crew like the Kellner bros may still know him...
Yup must be the same Harry we know (also known as Aitch), awesome guy and a real inspiration he lives in Margate now 74 I think and still keen as mustard....I have brought this thread to his attention.
We also have a guy here in S.Wales of the same age, kites everyday it's windy....seen him going for back rolls this past summer.
BrightonSurf

You might also like to consider Tony the admin of kiteboarder. Although he is kept young by going on holiday every two months :-D
kite-uk

andyjiggs wrote:David really is amazing,he's doing all the things we all wished we could do full time through our twenty's and thirty's all through his seventies.
Not a bad life pleasing yourself kitesurfing and windsurfing through the summer and skiing during winter months and still fit as a fiddle as far as I can see.
He's become a bit of a local legend and deservedly so and long may he continue!
Yep He's in France now I'm not sure what he said he was doing at the time I was holding onto my kite :lol: he's certainly an inspiration to us all that's for sure. Always helpful esp on Sunday where he was kitebitch for a few hours. Landing and launching folk.
I will say as far as my " Rescue " pun Andy It was tongue in cheek on that, I have returned his board back to him a few times and watched his ass when the winds came in and he ejected his kite out on the water. But that's just part of the give and take of helping every one out what ever age they are. I've returned more boards back to riders than they have to me that's for sure :-)

Roll on my 70's ( I hope I am still out )
foil_kitesurfer

[quote="waverider"]
I retired for my own safety, far too many things creaking and hurting and I don't want a thread with the title.

Sorry to hear your hanging up your wetsuit and retiring from kitesurfing. Have been reading your posts for years in which you have been a “major” contributor to this forum.
Wishing you all the very best....
waverider

Thank-you.

I keep reading the forum in the hope that I can occasionally make contribution. Within weeks my cocker-spaniel Molly died after a short illness, I cried for three days solid until my face hurt.

I'm still struggling with her loss, she was with me all the bloody time and even when I didn't want her to be around. My van isn't the same van with my dog in it paddling sand all over the bloody place and eating dead seagulls she dragged off the beach.
David
Site Admin

Good to see your are still keeping an eye on things Richard!
Sorry to hear about your dog, been there a few times, not good!

Tony
Blast

Ah shoot sorry to hear about Molly Richard, lovely dog (unlike my Monty who's a hooligan but we still love him)
Hope we get down your way soon enough for the usual hugs & chat
kenyona

Judy Tonkinson is the 73 year old lady that kitesurfs at Lancing and Goring with great enthusiasm. She's teaching her grand-children to kite (against their parents wishes!) by taking them to the cable park.

Dan Charlish at Snow Camp who organised the Virgin Kitesurf Armada would help you with her contacts details, I'd expect. She was interviewed in the VKSA video.

Let me know if you need any help.

Andrew
duc996bp

All the very best Richard.
chalks

Richard, I feel for your loss. It has been three months since we had to have our dog put down and I still miss him terribly.