Water temp South coast

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.
bri

Back in the Uk next week, what's the water temp like, good enough for 5-3 cut off at the knee ?
BillyGoat

Just about if the suit is good and no holes. No gloves needed but probably still need boots. The temp at weekend is around 12 to 13 degrees, but the water is still cold.
strapped

13 degs its 5 here ffs. 13s shorty weather up here :lol:
Roland

Water temps a pitiful 8`ish degrees around the solent area... :cry:
craigboddington
Antispam: No

Rustington bouy is saying 7.7!!!!

http://www.channelcoast.org/data_manage ... &tab=waves" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bri

Full suit and boots packed. £60 for the bag on easyjet, looks like they've closed the kite bag loop hole
ronnie

bri wrote:Full suit and boots packed. £60 for the bag on easyjet, looks like they've closed the kite bag loop hole

Could you have brought it as hold baggage?

They have a limit of 20kg and L+W+D ,= 275cm

I did phone them and ask if I could have sports equipment in my hold baggage and they eventually answered yes. In the end, I booked their 'other small sports equipment' 20kg and a 20kg suitcase as hold baggage because I wanted to take more stuff, but I could get my Shinnster and 2 kites etc. within the hold allowance.

If I remember right, 20kg of hold baggage is cheaper than 20kg of sports baggage, but you do have that size restriction for hold baggage. If I could get my kite gear within the hold baggage limits, I would want to take it as hold baggage.

The current EasyJet hold baggage rules are:-

Hold baggage is the luggage you check-in to be carried in the aircraft's hold. This usually includes larger items such as suitcases or rucksacks, but the term also applies to sports equipment and musical instruments.

Basically, anything too large to be carried on the cabin as hand luggage has to be checked in as hold baggage.

Each individual item of hold luggage should not exceed total dimensions of 275cm (length + width + height), except for sporting and medical equipment.

Standard hold baggage allowance is 20kg per bag. Minimum of 1 hold bag per passenger is required to trigger the baggage allowance of 20kg.

For a fee, you can put one bag in the hold weighing up to 20kg. The fee can be paid in one of three ways:
• online (£11 - £21 per bag per flight, depending on the route and flight period)
• via call centre (£11 - £21 per bag per flight, depending on the route and flight period)
• or at the airport where the fee is £30 at the check-in and £45 at the gate.

Please note that no single piece of hold baggage can weigh more than 32kg, due to health and safety restrictions.

Can I pool my hold luggage and sports equipment allowance?

Last updated: 14/11/2013

Yes. So for example, if you’re travelling with a friend and choose to travel with an item of hold luggage each, together with one item of small sports equipment each, say a golf bag, your total allowance is 80kg. You can split the total weight allowance any way you choose, as long as the total weight of all the hold luggage and sports equipment items doesn’t exceed 80kg, and provided no single item weighs more than 32kg.

Sporting equipment can be carried in addition to your hold baggage allowance. Sporting equipment is defined as:

Smaller sporting items:
• Golf bag - maximum weight 20kg
• Skis and / or boots - maximum weight 20kg
• Snowboard - maximum weight 20kg
• Sporting firearms - maximum weight 20kg
• Other small sports equipment (eg, diving equipment, para glider) - maximum weight 20kg

Larger sporting items:
• Bicycle - maximum weight 32kg
• Canoe / Kayak - maximum weight 32kg
• Windsurfer - maximum weight 32kg
• Hang glider - maximum weight 32kg

If you wish to carry any of the above items you will be charged an additional non-refundable fee for each item carried. Simply select the ‘Sports equipment’ option when you book your flights online. If your item is not listed it must be carried as part of your standard hold baggage allowance.
phil5556

It's apparently 7.2*C up here. Yesterday if felt like -5.

I wish I was back on the South coast!
craigboddington

Was out this morning for my first session of year!

5/3 suit and boots, not gloves. Was actually quite warm all considering.
phil5556

craigboddington wrote:Was out this morning for my first session of year!

5/3 suit and boots, not gloves. Was actually quite warm all considering.
First of the year?? You're getting soft down south :)
craigboddington

Been too busy Phil!! Ross first session as well I believe!
phil5556

craigboddington wrote:Been too busy Phil!! Ross first session as well I believe!
I was in on new years day.

Getting properly keen again now, even moving out of town to the seaside.
rakeem15

Was in Poole harbour on Weds.

5:3 plus rashie underneath, no gloves or boots.

Hands were fine. Couldn't feel my feet after 45 mins!
tombeaton

i think from now on you are toasty with a 5/3 and boots. No more need for hoods and gloves.

It will only be a couple weeks I reckon till I stop bothering with boots. It is more down to how nice a day. If it is overcast, very windy and blowing with North in it you will probably still want boots and maybe a hood!