Where to look for secondhand kites?

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.
Ted

I want to update my quiver with secondhand Rebels. In the old days the Kite section here was the best place to look for used kites. Now there seems to be very little traffic there. I don't trust eBay. Where are the best places to look online?
JGTR

eBay is one of the best places, no reason why you shouldn't trust ebay if you follow the correct procedures.

There are a few other forums that have classifies sections.

Ring dealers and see what they have - S2AS, Boardwork etc

There are some selling sites on Facebook which are quite popular but if you are worried about eBay then avoid Facebook as you get absolutely no protection when trading.
Ted

thanks, I like to see the kite before I pay for it. That's a little tough on eBay?
JGTR

You can do that with eBay, cash on delivery, inspect the kites before you pay for them.
doggy

We have a good selection of kites and boards, all available to demo and new stuff coming in all the time: http://shop.thekitesurfcentre.com/usedex-demo-12-c.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
phil5556

I've bought and sold on both eBay and Facebook group with absolutely no issues.

One sale on eBay the buyer came here and looked before handing over cash, the rest have been couriered.
JCR

Hi - I've got a 2012 12m Rebel for sale if you're still looking - might have a bar as well. Both in excellent condition
Dragnfly

You want 'Kitebay' - which is a facebook page. Theres tonnes of gear on there, and usually decent people selling mostly decent gear. Lots of sponsored riders sell stuff on it after just 1 seasons use.
tombeaton

I sell off my ex demo gear for Ozone / Flysurfer / Brunotti

And I know Mike sells his Airush and Shinn demo gear off here.
24-7 Boardsports
Antispam: No

I have just had 2013 Rebel 12 & 9 & bar come in. I'll get em up on the site shortly.

Dan
GRF
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

You really are better off buying from a dealer, I've heard some nightmare stories from Facebook and eBay, we've no dog to hunt in this particular discussion, but I'd certainly recommend anyone to buy in the trade with all the consumer law protection that involves than take a chance on eBay or Facebook, unless it is a dealer offering close out stuff.
JGTR

GRF wrote:You really are better off buying from a dealer, I've heard some nightmare stories from Facebook and eBay, we've no dog to hunt in this particular discussion, but I'd certainly recommend anyone to buy in the trade with all the consumer law protection that involves than take a chance on eBay or Facebook, unless it is a dealer offering close out stuff.
Pros and cons to both, I think we'd all like to buy brand new gear but not everyone can afford to and you can get much more for your money. All my current kites were secondhand, had no issues, and for the price of one brand new kite I have a full quiver of kites.

Consumer law also covers ebay purchases.