Woo - Kiteboarder League?

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.
matt_s
Antispam: No

Re: Woo - Kiteboarder League?

Post by matt_s »

Mike B wrote:thats a good height for the first session!

Thanks Mike - I was pleased with it. Hoping to improve this weekend. Have just finished doing up a camper van so am off on a mission this weekend to find wind and waves for jumping and for surfing on!

matt_s

Post by matt_s »

Tone wrote:we've got people round my way lending their boards to better riders and claiming the jumps as theirs!!!

lol - bonkers. Can't ever see the point in bulshitting, you always know inside that you're lying & any kudos you get is meaningless.

Too Much Wind

Post by Too Much Wind »

Filthy wrote:So it appears everyone has spent £150 on a dodgy bit of kit that doesn't do what it says it will? I suppose there no way of saying it's wrong...not bad at all really!!

So when are we going to have a woo Darwin award then? Kiters going a couple of sizes bigger than the conditions would suggest and nailing themselves to the beach in a big wipeout just so that they can beat their mates and post it online. It's almost as vain as wearing boardshorts over your wettie.

TMW

John.B

Post by John.B »

Too Much Wind wrote: It's almost as vain as wearing boardshorts over your wettie.

TMW

Will that make me go bigger?

Mike B
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

Post by Mike B »

Too Much Wind wrote:
Filthy wrote:So it appears everyone has spent £150 on a dodgy bit of kit that doesn't do what it says it will? I suppose there no way of saying it's wrong...not bad at all really!!

So when are we going to have a woo Darwin award then? Kiters going a couple of sizes bigger than the conditions would suggest and nailing themselves to the beach in a big wipeout just so that they can beat their mates and post it online. It's almost as vain as wearing boardshorts over your wettie.

TMW

same as strava for those into cycling - quite a few deaths attributed to that.
Taking a 12 or a 9 out when it's too windy - not *that* dodgy as you cant get rail in to get the height, but it seems the best jumps come from the liberal application of balls, a 6m and 40-50kt of wind.
That is where the stakes go up for the masses I recon...

fdvj

Post by fdvj »

We have a crew around us called the Woo Victims.

fdvj

Post by fdvj »

Lewis did 19.8m in 50knts on a 8m. Nutter.

Too Much Wind

Post by Too Much Wind »

John.B wrote:
Too Much Wind wrote: It's almost as vain as wearing boardshorts over your wettie.

TMW

Will that make me go bigger?

No but apparently they will protect your wettie when you wipeout..... :lol:

TMW

Tone

Post by Tone »

the Woo, making people like like it's 1999*

* board over their head, even when wearing boots.

baxterbradford

Post by baxterbradford »

Has anyone looked at the Xensr alternative? I saw it advertised recently in a kite mag. Offers GPS as well as the height, time etc. I presume that this too relies on integration from an accelerometer in the unit, thus everyone on same device/firmware state will get same recorded height irrespective how accurate this might be, just like the Woo! Price is slightly higher at $250=£165 and they're only shipping to US+Canada at the moment unless you ask via email.
https://store.xensr.com/products/Xensr/Xensr/XensrAIR/

doggy

Post by doggy »

doggy wrote:We have found it to be not that accurate as well, took one out the other day and on some of the bigger jumps it still registered similar height to the smaller ones, we took photos to compare the two and you can see from the photos the bigger ones were higher than the woo suggested.

I think it seems to work ok when launching off the flat but when going off the wave I think it struggles to know when you have actually taken off, I think it also struggles when you get a second boost mid jump and also when you have finished the initial lift and continue to float up higher.

Pics of some of the jumps: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 271&type=3

Went out again testing two Woos at the same time as we were suspicious the one we used originally was not working correctly. The two today had very different readings, one was about 20% more than the other, recorded more and different jumps and had proper G force reading on landings. I think this one seems to be about right and matched up with the photos and what we thought when looking from the beach. The first one has a problem as it missed some jumps, recorded height a bit strangely and has no G on landings, might need to be exchanged!

wenglish

Post by wenglish »

baxterbradford wrote:Has anyone looked at the Xensr alternative? I saw it advertised recently in a kite mag. Offers GPS as well as the height, time etc. I presume that this too relies on integration from an accelerometer in the unit, thus everyone on same device/firmware state will get same recorded height irrespective how accurate this might be, just like the Woo! Price is slightly higher at $250=£165 and they're only shipping to US+Canada at the moment unless you ask via email.
https://store.xensr.com/products/Xensr/Xensr/XensrAIR/

Blast are stocking them in the UK http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/acce ... isualiser/
I'd like to see the readings from the two devices fitted to the same board.

Blast

Post by Blast »

Taking pre-orders hopefully for Xmas delivery if not then the new year
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/xens ... isualiser/

Check this teaser out

http://www.vimeo.com/147963489

Sonnyrider

Post by Sonnyrider »

"Sickness"

ali
Team/Shop Rider
Team/Shop Rider

Post by ali »

http://cbk-haylingisland.com/ will also be stocking them.