Woo - Kiteboarder League?

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.
vibro100
Antispam: No

Re: Woo - Kiteboarder League?

Post by vibro100 »

I got my highest jump the other day. 11.2m
Yay.

Tony
Site Admin

Post by Tony »

Lewis is here to help

https://youtu.be/Gp3an3Qz3qY

Blast

Post by Blast »

We have our order of Xensr arriving tomorrow..we only have a few left for stock once our pre-sold stock has gone out....if anyone is interested get in touch asap.

http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/xens ... isualiser/

Tony
Site Admin

Post by Tony »

Woo or xensr?
Which way are you swinging?

T

John.B

Post by John.B »

Need to test the Xensr - one local guy bit the bullet and ordered one from US but not been able to get it to work so far. Other people have found the jump accuracy about the same, but then it does have the GPS data which looks cool. The Woo seems to have (at this time) the community side of things sewn up.

What i really need is to be in SA that wind and those ramps (they are not waves in my eyes)... oh lordy!

Blast

Post by Blast »

This is the reason why the UK have only just received stock, they have had the recent updates all ready loaded. 8)
First off the Xensr is a multi sport gps but there are plans for a similar woo leader board for kiting too.
Regards the accuracy, time will tell.

John.B

Post by John.B »

Blast wrote:This is the reason why the UK have only just received stock, they have had the recent updates all ready loaded. 8)
First off the Xensr is a multi sport gps but there are plans for a similar woo leader board for kiting too.
Regards the accuracy, time will tell.

Do you want one independently tested and a review on here... I can boost.

Blast

Post by Blast »

So can I (we have Screamers too) just need to get our demo one set up now and ready for the next hoolie! 8)

Tony
Site Admin

Post by Tony »

More from Lewis on making big numbers with your Woo

Episode 2

https://youtu.be/P4m5LX7RiNo

John.B

Post by John.B »

9m Airush Union and Shinn Ultrasonic 8)

davedej

Post by davedej »

We did a test comparing the Xensr with the WOO.
It was quite shocking;

XENSR VS WOO SPORTS
www.wetestkites.com/2016/01/29/xensr-vs-woo-sports/
Stay tuned for more independent reviews:

www.facebook.com/wetestkites
www.wetestkites.com/
Dave
We Test Kites

fatfish98

Post by fatfish98 »

John.B wrote:I'm just not sure on the accuracy of these. I had some big jumps yesterday and I know we don't always go as big as we think, but I'm pretty decent at going big and have a feel for it?

My mate who is an architect can look at a building and pretty much tell you how big it is to within a metre agrees - he said to me as I came off the water yesterday there must have been a few close to 15m today and for sure I thought I'd broke my 12.3 PB... but no the max was 10.2m and I feel for sure I went much bigger.

I think it might be an issue when it's really choppy as AFAIK it uses accelerometry and this might be messing with it, and yesterday was stupidly choppy. I need to give it a test in some flatter water - at least between waves to see, but for now I'm just not sold on how accurate it is?

Sooooooo many times I've had this same experience!!!
We've also got guys on the leader board with obvious dodgy readings, the woo can occasionally give a phantom reading, often way out compared to other jumps in the session or super low g force landings.
My problem now is weight, I'm 100kg and I think I've topped out at 12.7m off the flat.

fdvj

Post by fdvj »

woo is not accurate its a best guess within about +/- 20%. Thats a lot of error when you are talking in .1 of a meter. I have also found that sometimes when you get a second lift it confuses it, and breaks it down into 2 jumps or voids it. They are fun but its meaningless.

Mike B
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

Post by Mike B »

fdvj wrote:woo is not accurate its a best guess within about +/- 20%. Thats a lot of error when you are talking in .1 of a meter. I have also found that sometimes when you get a second lift it confuses it, and breaks it down into 2 jumps or voids it. They are fun but its meaningless.

That's interesting.
I've had limited use of mine, but did get some odd results.
I'd love to hear the programmer say how he's constructed the algorithm, so we can ride appropriately.. or effectively that should be.
How accurate were the kota jumps? did anyone have a look at the jumps vs actual measurements?
it's still a good idea, and glad no cheats have managed to hack into the codes like they have done with strava and garmin...