Which board to jump strapless ?

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.
Sylvains

Hi everyone !

I'm looking for a board to do small jump strapless and having fun in small waves (max 1.5m), if possible with also the insert for straps in case.
I'm very light rider, 50kg for 1.75m so i'm looking for a short board and light. For the moment i have a 5"3 Fish F-ONE from 2009 or something bought it used, it's nice but quite rigid. I mostly ride with 9m2 and 14m2, also sometimes 17m2, so i was wondering if a more recent and adapted board would be better for what i'm looking for.

So I'd like to know what do you recommande as board to do that, i've heard about the North Nugget who seems a good board but maybe too big, same for the Naish Bullet, or the more recent Slingshot T-Rex but which seems more for racing at the end.

Keep me posted, thanks !
doggy

I have been riding the Liquid Force Messenger recently and it is exactly what you are looking for, the best board I have used for strapless airs as it pops up and is so stable on landings with the channeled base, also really fun on small/medium waves as you can throw it around and glides efficiently.

I am also light and the 5'1'' is really nice size for me. If you are ever over at Camber or in the South East you are welcome to try ours, everyone else who has tried it had enjoyed using it as well.

More info and images here: http://shop.thekitesurfcentre.com/liqui ... 5813-p.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
John.B

No straps, but maybe consider a Shinnster? Super tough, got loads of flex so munches chop and can do small waves. I don't do surfboards as we don't really get anything resembling a wave until it's really windy and then I'd be on a TT boosting. However, like others I really like the Shinnster - much more fun than slogging around on a TT in light winds.

You can check out all the videos HERE

Little session the other week on a 9m - I'm 77kg and others were struggling with 12's while I had fun learning to punt my Shinnster.

tombeaton

AXIS New Wave 5'4 - no doubt about it!

It actually feels more like a 5'7, its good in light wind, pretty much indestructible. full eva top makes it perfect for strapless airs.
Blast

Yup gotta agree, nothing much come close to the Axis NewWave, the Shinnster is deff fun but the rails on the New Wave are just made for grabbing!

http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/axis ... surfboard/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

John.B

Blast wrote:Yup gotta agree, nothing much come close to the Axis NewWave, the Shinnster is deff fun but the rails on the New Wave are just made for grabbing!
An upgrade coming soon to make those Shinnster grabs easier :wink:
Sylvains

Thanks for you answers !!
The Liquid Force Messenger and the Axis really look cool indeed! I'll look into that :)

I checked more the Slingshot T-Rex 2014, because it's cheaper now, what do you think nobody tried that one ?