BWS boards - build quality?

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.
Sammiye

Anyone had any experience with the BWS boards build quality?

My local eats boards - shore dump to pebbles - so looking for something that is going to last at least a year or two but still be good to ride. Interested in the drifter or the white noise and don't want to put my foot through it within the first couple of months.

Its all over the website about them being surfboards, not kiteboards and shouldn't be jumped with, which is a bit weird really, because sometimes you come down hard off the back of a wave without particularly any effort.

Am I going to spending £5-600 quid (or £2-300 2nd hand) on something that isn't going to hack it?

Ta!
mike dubs

I've had the drifter, Mulcoy and the raiwson, great boards but you will ding them on pebbles for sure, strong enough for jumping as long as you use the kite properly.

Only boards I've had that don't ding or delam are the supercharger Hydroflex customs but they'll cost you a grand to buy and import but crazy light and strong as f..!

Mike
tombeaton

If you are into jumping, and smash a lot of boards why not look at the AXIS New Wave? Not a real surfboard but lasts forever and rides great.
Jasonlockyer

This years crop is better than earlier boards, they have upped the quality, no longer built in China but in Auz or Portugal. Bunch of us spent a week playing with them with Ian Alldregde in May who was giving them plenty of height and not a ding. They are basically reinforced surfboards, so dont expect bullet proof. Have been thru all their past and current line, the pick of the crop we reckoned is the new IA Rawson 5'11, it just seemed to do everything well - and thats coming off a Mulcoy, Roberts and Loyd in the same head high wave 8m kite session. Its fast, so probably the better one for ramps. A few fins got snapped on rocks, but boxes stayed in fine (FCS IIs)
Jasonlockyer

Should add, didnt try the new Drifter. Ive got the former chinese one (multicolour), its solid but dull, the new one gets great reports from friends in north sea on shore crap, its a bit more responsive as lighter, shoots upwind. Dont think the White Noise will enjoy onshore stuff, its a bit slower and wider, surfs nice but didnt find it so happy in chop - was on the larger one, perhaps I was too light for it.

I doubt dings/breaking from jumping will be an issue compared to shore stones, unless you keep hitting it hard.
Jasonlockyer

Finally, +1 to Mike Dubs post above, bought his old Hydroflex - its as tough a board as Ive ever used, light too. I use it for travelling and dont care where I sling it, it just seems ding proof (within reason). Surfs nice too. They are looking to build them in France, but so far are rare in Europe, so if he ever sells his current one, grab it.
Sammiye

Cheers for the responses all. Might stay away for the time being, until I get somewhere with a flat sandy beach break! The search goes on.