NWF

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.
GRF
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

Anyone turning up?
We'll be down there, will have all the new Core kites to try, wind permitting, plus the new boards, including the rail grinder.

If you're down there, swing by say hello.
nimo

is there much going on there kite wise ? not much wind by the looks of it.
I might pop down and have a look round
Roland

Whatever wind there is will be off-shore .......
nimo

to answer my own question, NO.
I went on Saturday and it felt like kite surfing was an unwelcome element. A few companies tried to be there with gear, Takoon and Core.
I hope you didn't pay too much to be there GRF ("There" being at the far end of the carpark past the burger van and keep going.....)
what a waste of time.
Roland

Takoon ..... :shock:

Where have they been all these years....
#ed
Antispam: No

nimo wrote:to answer my own question, NO.
I went on Saturday and it felt like kite surfing was an unwelcome element. A few companies tried to be there with gear, Takoon and Core.
I hope you didn't pay too much to be there GRF ("There" being at the far end of the carpark past the burger van and keep going.....)
what a waste of time.
I am glad I didn't go then!

Given this is supposed to be the National Watersports Festival (which incidentally seems to have bypassed dinghy sail, etc when looking at the website) what did it cater for? Was it mainly SUP and Kayak or was pole dancing a major element?
GRF
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

It was a rfwot for us, other than a few folk who'd specifically come down to see Core kites for one reason or another we wasted our cash, luckily it wasn't at the level we paid last year to have a stand in the main tent which to me seems pointless if you can't let somebody touchy feely then fly them which is their real quality.

We pitched up where we were last year, only trouble was there were no other kite brand like last year out on the beach, no idea where they were, I'd arranged to meet up with some old IMCO (racing windsurfing) buddies and accidently got slaughtered, I saw Stu (Fatfish) from Liquid Farce, Ant Baker who's punting Takoon, someone came by dumped a couple of GA (the 'Y' was missing) kites on the beach and we never saw him again, there were a couple of riders clever enough to keep a kite up in the air in the very gusty wind to foil but other than that it was a pretty poor show for kites.

Mostly it's windsurfing and it's lame offshoot SUP riding and the numbers were way down from last year, then again it was also Baltic as well as light.

Having said all that personally I had a great night haven't laughed so much in eons out with a bunch of the Bognor gays after which arriving in the morning heard from several folk I'd been dancing naked, which I swear to God I'd kept my shorts on but who knows...
ChunkSter

Not for Kitesurfers, pole dancing and SUP weekend (dont know where they get of on the National Watersports Festival (should be renamed No Wind Festival they never get wind) bit of a waste of time really has been for a few years (ref Kites).