what happened to kitecrowd ?

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.
BillyGoat

what happened to kitecrowd ?

Post by BillyGoat »

I manage to forget my password and got locked out. Tried several times to get in touch with admin but impossible. It's like they are deliberatley running the site into the ground ? and charging £1 to all memebers, strange move.

vibro100
Antispam: No

Re: what happened to kitecrowd ?

Post by vibro100 »

Your not missing anything.
I log in a few times a week.
Nothing happens, nothing changes.

I think its died, and kiteboarder is getting less and less active.

Think social media now rules the world !!!

#ed

Post by #ed »

I object to kite crowd on principle of needing to pay a £1 which is a shame as it was far more active than this forum.

David
Site Admin

Post by David »

It's odd, I think social media has taken over! I still get a lot of page views on here though, lots of info as it's in it's 13th year now

Tony

vibro100

Post by vibro100 »

I use to enjoy all the banter and piss taking, all of which has died now.

These days its just the helpful bit of advice now and again.

They may as well close kitecrowd down, a mortuary is more active !!!

PeaBody

Post by PeaBody »

need to bring back Fo Kitten

Mike B
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

Post by Mike B »

Social media has definitely taken over into different regional areas, there is no longer a national place where people come together. Sad really - all very local (which is good for the communities) but miss the old national forum. Was plagued by some idiots though that didn't help things..
I'll plan on updating our brands in the trade section when easter comes. The site is still well indexed and like tony says - people who need answers use it a lot - so please feel free to join in...

David
Site Admin

Post by David »

This place will always be here, I'll kept running, I enjoy it
Its the users who make it, I just keep it up to date and add features that I think people want
Always open to suggestions though

T

#ed

Post by #ed »

All any forum needs is controversial content, the more posts the more alive the forum is. @mike B (in response) Idiots tend to be controversial as do trolls, nothing wrong with a good idiot!

There was one on the windsurfing forum not so long ago (racist, seemingly stupid, misogynistic, overly opinionated) and he led the post count to go up massively before the inevitable banning when owing to the forums other long standing fool / expert going into hiding the posts have fallen off a cliff!

BillyGoat

Post by BillyGoat »

There was one on the windsurfing forum not so long ago (racist, seemingly stupid, misogynistic, overly opinionated) and he led the post count to go up massively before the inevitable banning when owing to the forums other long standing fool / expert going into hiding the posts have fallen off a cliff!

Yeah I wondered where GRF had been hanging out :P

craigboddington

Post by craigboddington »

Remember Steve's witch hunt at Lancing? He must have posted several hundred messages in the space of 2 weeks!

foil_kitesurfer

Post by foil_kitesurfer »

If memory serves the flexifoil forum was rebadged as Kitecrowd many years ago.

David
Site Admin

Post by David »

I had to move all the Steve Mclean stuff due to a criminal investigation. he called me once and was a bit rude!
The CBK thing was bigger, had some guy call me and hurl abuse at me, wanted to know why I was allowing the discussion to continue on the forum! Never told me his name, prick!

T

SLiiCK

Post by SLiiCK »

I think it's good we've got a UK kitesurfing forum for Kitesurfer's things may go a bit quiet at certain times but keep up the good work Tony it does take time and work to keep it going.I think a little bit of banter is ok but too much does put people off posting if they get a lot of criticism on there posts, to be honest I think most Kitesurfer's are out there to help their fellow kiters with any info or help they can give which is a good thing for the forum. The kitecrowd forum was previously the Flexifoil forum but when it change I think it was run for commercial reasons and profit as for the charge for new members which was not a good move.

craigboddington

Post by craigboddington »

Tony wrote:I had to move all the Steve Mclean stuff due to a criminal investigation. he called me once and was a bit rude!
The CBK thing was bigger, had some guy call me and hurl abuse at me, wanted to know why I was allowing the discussion to continue on the forum! Never told me his name, prick!

T

Chris maybe!