BKSA Freestyle Round 7 - Brighton, East Sussex

David
Site Admin

BKSA National Freestyle Tour - October 23rd-25th Brighton, East Sussex
Tasha

I know the BKSA website says 23rd-25th. But that's Thursday to Saturday? Is that a mistype? Shouldn't it be 24th - 26th?
David
Site Admin

As far as I know that is correct, it starts on the Thursday!

I spoke to Bill from Jimmy Lewis UK at weekend and he is going to come on here and post info very soon.

There is a website but I can't seem to find it :?

Tony
Susie

Is this the website your looking for Tony?
http://www.beachblast.co.uk/bcm/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bob Monkhouse

I knew it was from thurs from BKSA website but had assumed (wrongly it seems) that the first day would be pros with the ams starting on the fri (instead of usual sat).
With this in mind I have only taken the fri off work and was planning travelling down thurs night as I imagine many others are.
(Its also not half term oop north until following week so kids have to be taken out of school)

Can somebody from BKSA please confirm asap whether Ams (specifically juniors) need to be there on the thursday so plans can be made accordingly.

from the beachblast website :-

THURSDAY

First Round BKSA Heats In All Catagories.

Evening - Yellowave BBQ, Dodgeball & Music.

FRIDAY

Second Round BKSA Heats In All Catagories.

Evening - Mystery Tour.

SATURDAY

Final BKSA Rounds In All Catagories.

Evening - BKSA Awards Ceremony & Huge End Of Season Blow Out Party.

SUNDAY

Superhero Charity Downwinder.

Kiteworld's 'Never Come Down' Hangtime Comp.

Legends of Kitesuring Classic Equipment Comp.

Best Trick Slider Comp.

Wave Crave Expression Session.

Boardsports Van Boot Sale (Great place to get geared up for the Classic Comp).

Evening - Time To Go Home.
Susie

:?
Same here. We have taken Thursday and Friday off work/school but were planning to drive down there on Thursday morning.
Need to know asap as we will need an extra day booking and also an extra night in a hotel if thats the case.
BRIGHTON BEACH BLAST

Event does start on Thursday 23rd, this is to allow all BKSA competition to be over by Saturday so prize giving can take place at awards dinner Saturday night (for which we have rented out the excellent/classic fish & chip restaurant on the pier for). On Sunday we will run a bunch of fun comps.

Initially we were working on a plan where all categories competed every day (assuming good wind every day), so everyone got equal access to the wind/tides etc. But for some reason this year, some schools have their half term the week after. So plan now is to run Pro heats Thursday. Amateurs, Juniors & Seniors on Friday. And all Finals Saturday.

http://www.beachblast.co.uk should have most of the info you need, but any questions email us at info@beachblast.co.uk

One thing we are sorting, and will be made public any day now, is a discounted accommodation agreement for all attendees (not just competitors) with the New Madeira Hotel. (The Saturday post awards dinner, late night party is at the fantastic Funky Fish Club - http://www.funkyfishclub.co.uk, which is part of the New Madeira Hotel).
Bob Monkhouse

Many thanks for quick response. Nice one. Can't wait for comp. All we need now is some wind ! 8)
ali
Team/Shop Rider
Team/Shop Rider

whats the deal if the forecast is for wind only on the thursday. are you still going to wait for the saterday for the finals?
wackos00

damn, didn't know about having to be there on friday, looks like i cant go too much on at work and no holiday left. that really sucks
Jack
BRIGHTON BEACH BLAST

Any plan that is subject to wind is changeable to the conditions at the time.
If we only have one day of wind, we will have a very busy day getting as much done as possible.

For now all we can do is assume that Brighton, end of October - got to be windy.

(For all those with no holiday left - http://www.doctorsnotestore.com/NHS_fak ... _note.html)
Rossall
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

Is there any info on the Madeira hotel rates etc etc.

Phil
BRIGHTON BEACH BLAST

OK, had confirmation back from New Madeira Hotel - http://www.newmadeirahotel.com/

Special room rates for BKSA members & families (BKSA membership card number required at time of booking):-

4 Sharing - £25
3 Sharing - £30
2 Sharing - £35
Single Room - £60

Pricing per person per night, is room only (no breakfast) and is subject to a 2 night minimum stay.

We do have limited, free van parking at contest site, primarily for competitors and trade use.
Alternatively, parking on Madeira Drive is £1 a hour (pretty much cheapest in Brighton). So a 9 hour, full day (9am - 6pm) ticket would be £9.

If you would rather shop around, please see http://www.visitbrighton.com/home/accom ... efault.asp
Toby_15
Team/Shop Rider
Team/Shop Rider

yay im on there website 8)
jim__bob

Says on the website that pitching a tent for 4 nights can cost 450 quid, who the f**k is gonna pay that! I'm gonna bring me egyptian rug and sleep in my kite bag. Looking forward to it, sounds like it should be a good event. Fingers crossed for some wind and some warmer temperatures!!