wainman Hawaii UK Agent

All the latest news from The Kitesurfing world!
Wainman_Hawaii_UK
Antispam: No

Hey all, I've been pretty un-active on the forum front despite being around the UK kite scene for years, I've always watched what's been said on here but rarely got stuck in, saving my opinions for the safety of more forgiving face to face interaction at the beach.
Having recently taken on the role of UK agent for wainman Hawaii earlier this year I want to introduce myself before getting more involved and discussing what Wainman is up to.

In the UK we don't have a distribution chain and instead sell direct from our HQ to the shops here, my job is to look after the brand here, everything from sales and marketing to warranties and repairs, with another role within the brand aside from some competing to help test and develop our new product prior to it's launch.
Basically it means I'm the UK middle man to shops, so if there's any questions local retailers can't help with I should be able to answer any wainman related questions people might have.

My name is Chris Burke, known around the competition and instruction scene for the last 12 years or so as Skippy.
I'm based in Poole, and am going to be travelling around the UK lots over the next few months visiting shops and beaches with demo gear available for anyone to try, so if you see a Wainman van or tent, it's probably me, so pop over and say hi. :-D

Want to get in touch with any questions or inquiries feel free to shoot me a message to chrisburke@wainmanhawaii.com

much love
Chris
looktodskies

Big fan off wainman gear, got myself the big mama and punch, but curious about the rumours of a c based kite? care to shed any light on it and lead times to a release? :)

also based in ireland, are you covering over here as well? Ive a two 2011 bars and wanted to convert the safety systems on them to the newer setup. where can i get it from and how much would it cost to put the below the bar safety and the new swivel??

Finally ive yet to figure out the different settings on the bridels on both kites. can you explain the different positions on the center line attachments. there is two knots. what difference does it make connecting to either one? Know the other settings as they are in the manual but that one isnt.
G-Bru

Hi Chris and welcome!

I am a F-One fan, however, love the construction and build quality of Wainman kites. Was going to get a 10.5 & 7.5 last year but never had a contact to demo these sizes. As I am a impatient man, I simply stuck to F-One.
My local spot is CBK Hayling Island but have friends down in Poole so kite at Sandbanks and Branksome regularly too. Hopefully I could arrange a demo session with you at some point in the near future.

Cheers

Grant
Wainman_Hawaii_UK

yo, It's full focus on 1 project at a time with Wainman, right now it's dedication to the C-kite. We've got through a few proto's and it's feeling sick already, a dedicated freestyle machine with oodles of pop which slackens to zilch! Plan is to get it finished up over the winter season and you'll see it on the shelves in the early part of the spring!

As for the bar, the 2012 safety runs inside sleeving which goes through the hole in the centre of the bar, the system works a dream, but is too thick to fit through an older model's hole, so you'd need to look at a complete replacement bar. On the plus side, it'll be a fresh set of lines which will last for years and work on both you'r kites. :-)
I don't look after Ireland, but hit up the guys at LSD at Rosses point and they'll be able to help you out with availability and prices in Euro's. http://lsdkiteboarding.com/

There's 2 places you can adjust the front lines, not sure which you mean - the pig tail at the end of the bridle has 2 knots, but simply shortens or lengthens the front lines the same as the back line knots do (obviously working the opposite way).
Assuming you mean the slightly more complicated adjustment right on the leading edge, you've got 2 knots which correspond to 2 options where you can attach the bridle to the tube.
The one further forwards towards the centre of the LE will make your kite sit further forwards in the window making it fly faster, more upwind, depower more and turn a little less pivital, - basically better for freestyle because it'll slacken more when you pop and excelerate faster out of a turn.
The further back "downwind" setting will sit deeper, and be more pivital, better for wave riding and general cruising..

best to experiment with them and see what suits you..
Wainman_Hawaii_UK

Gonna be at Hayling with everything we do this weekend for the NWF demo G-Bru, swing by and try something if it blows..
G-Bru

Just checked XC Weather dude and it's not looking good at all. Looks like wakeboarding is on the cards at Thorpe instead. May pop down Sunday for a browse and chat anyway.

G
Wainman_Hawaii_UK

Happy charging at cable, maybe see u sunday
fatfish98

Best fun I had was watching you trying to put up that tent in the wind......priceless!! :o)
See you soon Skippy
looktodskies

Hey mate,

Any chance you can get me replacement bridles for a 2012 big mama delivered to ireland by friday? Tried supplier here in ireland and he has a two week lead time on them. :(

N.