Brunotti Boards 2014

All the latest news from The Kitesurfing world!
tombeaton

I have been riding samples of the 2014 Brunotti twintip boards for a few months now and stock has been available in the UK for a month or so now too. Last season (2013) was our first working with Brunotti and it went much better than I expected. Reception for the brand was warm. The board range is pretty nice and compact - making it easy to know what board is right for your riding style.

YOURI PRO - FREESTYLE
This is Youri Zoon's pro model so it is pretty obvious what the board is designed for. Riding boots, powered freestyle etc. For the non pro rider, this board can hold a lot of power and makes landing big jumps and loops a breeze. The rocker and channels make it feel super solid and safe when landing fast. The matte black finish looks awesome too.

We worked very hard last year to improve this already proven freestyle board. We tested new flex patterns, new outlines, and new bottom shapes.

To cope with the extra weight of the boots that a lot of freestylers use, we have reduced the weight of the new Youri Pro. Apart from that we have added two new heel, and toe side channels. These will give you all the grip you need when landing a trick at full speed.

The lighter weight of the board doesn't mean we have been giving up any of its durability. It's even the other way around! We have pushed ourselves and have made our "Boot Proof" inserts even stronger. With specially designed insert packs we have pushed the maximum pulling strength of the Youri Pro inserts to almost 650 kilo's for every insert. We also gave the tips of the new 2014 Youri Pro a different glass lay-up. This makes the tips a bit more forgiving, which helps you to learn new tricks. Apart from this the board still has his stiffness and strength which makes the Youri Pro such a good freestyle board.

Apart from all of this the board still has got all the proven features. This board has one of the hardest pop on the market, due to the stiff pop tips you will have more than enough time to perform all your new-school tricks. The quad channels in this board provide massive grip while the triple concave gives the board exceptional stability. Together with the straight outline and power rocker, it gives the Youri Pro kiteboard massive speed, and easy/early planning capabilities. The massive grip can be difficult with landings, therefore we fitted it with a smooth and thick sidewalls and a trick base, providing easy landings from even the most extreme jumps .

The Youri Pro kiteboard, a pure freestyle board, huge pop and great speed, just like Youri's style.
Sizes available:

Find out more:
http://www.brunotti.com/en/boards/youri-pro-freestyle

DIMENSION - ALLROUND
This is the board that will work best for most people. It is our best seller and it is obvious why. The board feels nice and stiff, has loads of grip, feels fast on the water and is a really fun all rounder.
New this year:
-boot proof inserts for everyone who want to ride boots on a comfortable board.
-Thinner base for more responsive riding and better control.

A board developed as an real all-round board. Built to combine easy handling with a comfortable ride, making the board nice and comfortable for the knees. The Dimension has easy upwind performance, good pop and the right flex for easy landings. The double concave provides easy planning and cornering, while the dual channels give good grip and upwind performance. This upwind performance is even stronger due to the grip base, which makes the board go upwind even easier and lets the rider take control, even in the hardest conditions. To make sure you have a perfect ride we have added flextips and an active rocker, which not only provide a comfortable ride, but also give a solid and controllable pop.

In summary, a superb all-round board for a comfortable ride and good pop to land your new- and oldschool tricks.
Sizes available:

Find out more:
http://www.brunotti.com/en/boards/dimension

RIPTIDE - WOMENS ALLROUND
This is the girls version of the Dimension. Popular amongst women who rip! It is a lot more high performance than most womens boards which are typically entry level boards with flowers on.
New this year:
-boot proof inserts for everyone who want to ride boots on a comfortable board.
-Thinner base for more responsive riding and better control.

A board specifically for the ladies. Slightly smaller than a traditional "men's" board, and a special stance for easy control. Built to combine easy handling and a comfortable ride, thereby making it nice and comfortable for the knees. The Dimension has easy upwind performance, good pop and the right flex for easy landings. The double concave provides easy planning and cornering, while the dual channels add additional grip and upwind performance. This upwind performance is even stronger due to the grip base, which makes the board go upwind even more easily and lets you take control, even in the hardest conditions. To make sure you have a perfect ride we added flextips and an active rocker, these do not only give you a comfortable ride, but also give you a good and controllable pop.

All together a superb all-round board for a comfortable ride and good pop to land your new- and oldschool tricks.
Sizes available:

Find out more:
http://www.brunotti.com/en/boards/riptide

ONYX - FREERIDE
I was really impressed with this board. It is sometimes hard to resist the temptation to ride the same board all the time, and I love the Youri and Dimension, but the Onyx was a pleasant surprise! This board rockets upwind and has a super smooth ride.
Searching for an easy ride to start your kiteboarding career? Then this is your board. The single concave bottom shape and long square outline are especially made to go upwind easily, with even better low wind capacities. Together with the reflex rocker and cruise base, this board is easy to control, and gives the rider confidence needed to learn new tricks. You will be able to progress quickly and be cruising around doing tricks in no time! It's a great board to enjoy the first kiteboarding years and learning the first tricks. But do not underestimate this board! It is the best one to start off with, however, the board is perfectly capable of new and old-school tricks.

A great board, designed to inspire confidence to constantly improve.!
Sizes available:

Find out more:
http://www.brunotti.com/en/boards/onyx

JADE - WOMENS FREERIDE
A womens' version of the popular mens Onyx. I would be lieing if I said I had spent much time on this board - but if it works as well for girls as the Onyx worked for me, it is a winner!
Searching for an easy ride to start your kiteboarding career? Then this is your board. Slightly smaller than a men's board, with a special stance for easy control for women. The single concave bottom shape and long square outline are designed to go upwind easily, with optimal low wind capabilities. Together with the reflex rocker and cruise base, this board is easy to control, and gives you the confidence to learn new tricks.

The best board to boost your confidence in order to improve as much as you can!
Sizes available:
http://www.brunotti.com/_img/boards2013 ... s_Jade.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Find out more:
http://www.brunotti.com/en/boards/jade

KITEWAVE
The 2013 version was a thing of beauty. Super lightweight and fast on the water - it was a lot of fun. Really stoked my fire for waveriding. I have yet to ride the 2014 version however a lot of work has gone into it - mostly in terms of durability and making a surfboard better withstand the pressures created by kitesurfing.
Want to play in the waves, with or without straps? Than this is the perfect board to get you going.

Designer Jinne Sietsma shaped this board especially for small or medium to big waves. The special thumb-tail shape gives the board a lot of stability while still allowing quick turning. Due to the wider shape of the board, which provides additional volume, it allows you to ride with a small kite or lighter winds.

Last year we tested a lot of boards and constructions in order to improve the durability of our waveboards. All of our 2014 waveboards will come with a new and specially developed high strength finbox reinforcements. This makes our finboxes significantly stronger than the once of our competitors. Apart from that we also switched to a new core material for our 2014 waveboards. This material is both stiffer, harder and tougher. This gives our waveboards more response while riding, and makes them much stronger for a longer lasting life.

Waveboards need some durability, therefore we have reinforced the standing area in the board with 5mm pvc under the pad. Apart from that we, the board is delivered withM6 inserts, so the foot straps can be anchored in the most secure way possible. To give the rider more control, we have shaped a concave tail deck. This provides more grip and control while riding. And last but not least the tri fin setup allows for easy upwind tracking.

If you want a board to play around in some serious waves, but don't want to go strapless right away, then this is your board!
Sizes available:

Find out more:
http://www.brunotti.com/en/boards/kitewave
fatfish98

Good choice in the range, they look really nice.
tombeaton

fatfish98 wrote:Good choice in the range, they look really nice.
im glad you think so. the boards do look great. my dimension sample has a light brown base - thank god they changed that. the production black base looks amazing.
baxterbradford
Antispam: No

Couldn't see any widths and thicknesses of the surfboards on the website. Is there any information available on these please?
tombeaton

baxterbradford wrote:Couldn't see any widths and thicknesses of the surfboards on the website. Is there any information available on these please?
Here you go:

5'9''X18 1/8''X2 1/4'' 3,6 kg
6'1''X19 1/4''X2 1/4'' 3,9 kg
baxterbradford

Thanks Tom

That's really helpful. Sadly they're probably a bit narrow for me as my first directional and my size which is a shame, they look absolutely fantastic!!
tombeaton

New entry level twintip from Brunotti - the Buzz

This is a single concave board designed to get you up and going - flying upwind and jumping in no time at all. The board retails at only £339 - so a great first board. The accessories are simple, but work well and easily upgraded later.

Chris1973

Does anyone knows if there are any plans of getting the Pro-X back in the line.
My favorite board of all times and since i lost it i seam to not enjoying the sport the same.
Or does anyone knows if there is any stock in the Pro-X 134x40 (don't care what years model) left anywhere???
tombeaton

The Pro X will not be rejoining the line for the time being.

Maybe try a Dimension and see how that feels?
Chris1973

I allready did, unfortunatelly nither that or the youri feels as fast or lively, what can i say old loves/habbits die hard.
To me it seems that every board on the market now have very similar feeling on the water and the pro-x was quite different thats why i liked it so much, oh well what can you do.
Thanks anyway
tombeaton

The guys and gals over at Brunotti have put together some quick videos introducing some of the boards in the range and pointing out some key features

Brunotti Youri Pro 2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uOWQdRJW9A
Brunotti Dimension 2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4f2OpLp9GA
Brunotti Riptide 2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnIF6Nzn6es
Brunotti Kite Wave 2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6Nh6CDynnc
muzwellhill

Hi.

Any idea how heavy the Youri Zoon's pro model 2014 is with the Youri pads n straps? cheers Murray
tombeaton

muzwellhill wrote:Hi.

Any idea how heavy the Youri Zoon's pro model 2014 is with the Youri pads n straps? cheers Murray
Just weighed a sandy 138 for you and it came in at 4.5kg.
WesleyfuhPP

Looking for a set of passenger pegs or floor boards for my 800
Thanks