Help! Emergency! Crossed line drama!

Need help getting upwind or nailing that powered back mobe? Ask your 'how to' questions here.
tron86
Antispam: No

Hi, so I've been Kitesurfing for about 4-5 months and I'm starting to do hooked backrolls. Everything was great but the more I do I am noticing my centre lines getting twisted! My outside lines I obviously just spin at the bar but the centre lines are an absolute nightmare to un-tangle next time I lay out my lines and I don't really understand why it's happening in the first place. I'm flying the 2012 cabrinha switchblade which I assumed could deal with something as simple as a backroll. Please help!! :)
w1nd

.. simple solution, learn to back-roll in the other direction :-D
JGTR

When u do a rotation the kite stays still but you rotate under it hence the twisted front lines

Some bars have swivels on the front lines for this reason but they don't really work

Solutions:

Learn to back roll other way
Learn to front loop (opposite to back loop) highly recommended!!
Reach up and manually untwist lines if you can reach
When laying lines out after grab front lines and give them 10 or so twists in opposite direction before you walk lines out (this I what I do)

It's just one of those things!
Dragnfly

The 2012 Cabrinha ids bar has a below the bar swivel, so this is very easy to sort - but don't let it stop you learning to backroll the other way!

Simply spin your red eject knob round and it will unwind the front lines.

Tadaaaa.
ichabod

The North bar also has a swivel but it does not tend to work on its own. If I have done too many rolls in one direction and lines are twisted then I manually untwist the swivel a bit now and then. I guess with a 5 line system it could be dangerous to have the center lines very twisted as it could prevent the 5th line from moving freely if you release the chicken loop?
sijandy

another way is too 'unspin' yourself whilst standing on the beach before you land it so next time your rigging up their not twisted up.