Jumps

Need help getting upwind or nailing that powered back mobe? Ask your 'how to' questions here.
Dalzer

kite-uk wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaeHaIEtTv4

1.30second in is my jump. crap I know but there you go..

Riding up wind if I have this right from the Progression video's then that's the art of riding towards the wind, then no, not that good at that part yet.

the wind for this video was coming towards my left ear ( if that makes sence ) to not behind me ( eg my back ) So I am not as good as I could be for riding up wind more needed on this
Nice one mate not that bad for the time off the water
I've subscribed to your channel :-)
kite-uk

oh a subscriber.. wow this is serious now. My own TV show ! :lol:

I will post up as I go new video's so any tips would be good.. cheers :lol:

I think this week I am a whole 6 months into kitesurfing Image

so the next 6 months are about sorting out all the techincal stuff and ironing out the bad habbits I picked up being self taught.
southseasailor

I commented on your vid on ytube...so there!! :lol:

Looking good, 6 months from being self taught..thats good going. Interesting about bad habits, my main one is when transiting from say left to right riding..I tend to come a bit far upwind and have to really sine the kite to keep the power up..not by much, but it works well enough in the gusty stuff that is the wind here
kite-uk

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I read what you said

and I did what you said!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dad was on the shore watching and he reconded it was 10-12ft each time !! and I know it as I even had time to look around below me :-D :-D :-D :-D

wow yes the power does kick in!!

I kept the kite flying around my head so landing was more a plop back in the water rather than on the run but that is to come but the height, oh!!! now I get it, and I rather like it !!! I was not out my New Force I was on my old Waroo 09 11m as I felt I had more to gain from this kite and it did not disapoint today. Today was the best session I have ever had! the Waroo was like Oi you bought a new kite, well this is what you have been missing and today I have to say has now made me think what am I doing the Waroo was epic today!!! others where out on 12's and 14's I was out on a 11m and kicking some butt !!

So watching my video's to see what I can do trouble is when I jump I look up to the kite to make sure I keep it up there and the video is just of sky ! and a quick look down and back up at the kite :wink: well it's a start :mrgreen:
creed
Antispam: No

Sweet!!! Sounds like you've had some fun today and great progress to go with it.

Another little tip as you mentioned looking at the kite. Try not to look at the kite when you're edging and sending as it will more likely make come off your edge and reduce the pop you should be getting.

Did you shit yourself a little when you got up there? :mrgreen:
kite-uk

Lol, no my first thought was to keep the kite in play, other wise its going to spank my ass lol....
I also did one armed kitesurfing, no t trying to be smart but I then had a arm free to use as a weight to help me edge up wind more and what a difference that made gained alot more beach front on the way back, I really felt like the kite and harness where doing their job, taking all the strain. Never felt that dailed into the kite before and this is the kite I want to sell?
I ache in places I didnot know could ache, 41 and feeling every week of the 41 years, cant wait to get back down there this morning lol
Si-Fly

Hi, I'm just average at this game:grin: but do like to jump. I'm not that good at popping so to go high I like lots of power in the kite and waves to launch off.

Basically I spot a nice ramp ahead then bear downwind a bit and dive the kite for max power and speed, slowly bringing it back to 10.

Just as you get near the wave send the kite back (12 bow, 2 on a C:o) sheet the bar out and carve upwind sitting down a bit in the harness.

As u are then flying up the wave use your legs to jump up, then once off the wave pull the bar in.

Once at top of jump sheet the bar out redirect kite then sheet in again for landing.

Up you go:mrgreen:

One thing that is important, be aggressive with both kite and board and you MUST keep control of the board edge!
If you don't keep a good edge u will lose all the power from the kite and do low downwind jumps!

Works for me.
Hope it helps.

Si.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
kite-uk

Well I have a new video! :?

I have another one to make up of the Friday session, that was a good one where I put into play what you all said and it was starting to take shape for sure infact here is a photo of me doing what you all said

Just starting my rise to 10ft

So then roll on the Saturday and it was roo rough to jump gusty 9m all maxed out just staying riding

so come the Sunday it's time to take out the new kite

Well I will let you work it out :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUjS6w9sxTs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyway I was back up and riding and the kite was fine, but it has put me on edge as the kite is ruling me, rather than me ruling it!
where it was the other way round with my old Waroo 11m
creed

Good work!

The kite going in the water was avoidable. Firstly from what I can make out it started with you falling over the front of board possibly because you twisted in the air and was unable to grab a decent edge when you landed because you were off balance. I think your body being twisted would be because you over sent the kite. Once you was going over the board you were powering up the kite which helped you be pulled off the board, this combined with your hands at the end of the bar makes you drive the kite into the water once you're falling. Moving your hands to the centre of the bar will prevent irratic steering. It would of helped if you let go of the bar once you started falling to 1. prevent the being powered up, 2. Steering it into the water.

You was lucky the kiter grabbed your kite. That could of been nasty. Looked like there was some stuff downwind to have some fun with :)

The second jump looked good. However you should try moving your hands to the middle. It will really help. It looks better as well.

Keep it up :D
kite-uk

Yes young Dom is my hero :lol:

he was passing by and I asked him for help. It's good kite karma as he once left his bar and lines behind once and I arranged for them to be reunited with him the next day. So He owed me a favour. Esp as it was a brand new kite :? Lucky Flexifoil are so well made I checked it over and it's fine nothing there to worry about. phew!

It's what I thought, eg avoidable. I have slight wip lash this morning that or I just did so much kitesurfing over 3 days that I have pulled an aray of mussels in my body.. :lol:

I am still going to keep riding the Force but I think I am going to step back to my Waroo for abit more practice at jumps as it's more docile then move to the Force.
southseasailor

Thats so true about kites being different in the way they relaunch. My LF Havocs are a pain in the arse to relaunch compared to the Best Taboo and TS that I have.

Brings back some good memories that pic of you jumping there, wish technology would allow a teleport machine...you would love some of the areas I get to kite. Hoped to get out today but the wind wouldnt play ball, despite being an easterly (on shore) got the Skiff out for a spin instead:)
kite-uk

tried again to day at the beach first had a play on land and was shown by local lad how to jump better and we did it on the land and wow yes it does jump and float well the Flexifoil Force even with my fat ass it carried me along way before I landed it ... was great fun.

So took it out on the water and the wind died :roll: we had that last year wind messing about with us.. :lol:
kite-uk

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151648872023455" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not sure you can see this video but here is my attempt part 2 for jumping. Waroo 9m
creed

No mate, Can't see it
kite-uk

Ok c what I can do.