Toe side pop

Need help getting upwind or nailing that powered back mobe? Ask your 'how to' questions here.
hoxton

Hey so I'm currently trying to do a toe side backflip, and im having real trouble with the height. After trying a couple of attempts I realised that my pop when going toe side sucks.

Has anyone got any advice on how to do a decent load and pop from toe side?

Thanks guys.
Dragnfly

Do it up/ off a small wave. Much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
hoxton

Thanks dragnfly but does this mean that all toe side moves use kickers to help or is there a technique to get a better toe side pop?

In this vid Hadlow uses a carving turn, I don't know whether this is to generate power or just a coincidence?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmM-F7orSLk

Nice one.
creed
Antispam: No

The carve is his pop

What Dragonfly said. I find a kicker. It's a lot less effort
hoxton

Right so a quick update, after riding around all yesterday trying to find waves to carve into, I found that the way the swell works the waves are really difficult to hit as a kicker when going toeside.

I am now getting almost a full rotation, landing on my chest, again I think its just a height issue, has anyone got any advice on how to do that carving pop?
Dragnfly

Try concentrating on pulling your legs in to speed up your rotation.
Use bigger chop.
Keep your kite a bit higher.

Dragnfly

Are you doing them hooked or unhooked?

Johnny T

Tom court has a good video bout this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TyOgG6i1v6 ... yOgG6i1v64" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hoxton

Thanks so much for the Tom Court video, that's really improved my pop, still not quite getting all of the way round, choice waves to pop off are rare on the side I'm comfortable.

Am now landing on my knees instead of my head so I reckon its only a foot more height and ill have it.

Has anyone tried a heelside front flip? I think this may be easier...
peet

Heelside front flip is gonna be pretty tricky - do you not mean a heelside backflip ?

There's one I did here at around 0:48 secs - can do em off the flat, but defo easier/less forced off a kicker

Next progression should be to do them toeside, but its not something i've got around to yet