Regaining start position with board still attached..

Need help getting upwind or nailing that powered back mobe? Ask your 'how to' questions here.
skymankite
Antispam: No

Not sure how to describe this but here goes...
have been kiting for about 3 years now. Feel like i can handle myself in most situations.
Normally, if i come a cropper after a jump or similar and find my self sort of out of balance in the water, the kite starting to pull me backwards in water - i kick off my board, stand-up or tread water (depending on how far out i am) regain my normal stance, grab my board and away I go.
All ok - except i've starting using heal straps in a possible slow move to boots... I like the feel of the board being more locked in than usual. Now, with the above situation - kicking off board is WAY harder, and consequently i keep getting a major dunking/scare moment. So, any one know what I mean :-D and if so, how do you get yourself back to a normal start position with board still attached??? and wtf do you do if wearing boots where there is definitely no easy remove!!
broraboyan

Take the kite across the wind window and once it's in the power zone( centre of the zenith) send it high like your going for a jump, this should get you back to your stance for kitesurfing.
broraboyan

This is the same for if you were using boots also, you must be powered properly to.
skymankite
Antispam: No

Take the kite across the wind window and once it's in the power zone( centre of the zenith) send it high like your going for a jump, this should get you back to your stance for kitesurfing.
cheers - i'll give that a go!
Toby

There is also a technique where you can twist round to get the board back in front of you. You kind of turn on your side, then bring your knees up to you chest, then twist round onto your other side and throw your head back, usually this brings you back to the right position.... Its pretty hard to describe to be honest, I figured it out by accident myself, but it is possible if the launch technique is impractical for some reason...