I would like to jump really really high.

Need help getting upwind or nailing that powered back mobe? Ask your 'how to' questions here.
hoxton

I've never measured my jumps but if I were to guess they would be around the eight to ten meter marks, although that is a guess.

I want to jump higher. I see these guys going to the moon and I want to be up there with them.

I've tried going faster and turning the kite harder but usually what happens is that I can't hold down the increased power and end up doing a very fast shallow jump.

Any tips?
Blast

This may help.

[bbvideo=560,315]http://www.vimeo.com/100949798[/bbvideo]
JGTR

Use waves/kickers, even small kickers will significantly increase your height. Alot of it is down to timing, I send the kite just as I'm leaving the kicker and don't edge too hard so you can keep your speed up - you are using the kicker to get the pop off the water so you don't really need to edge. But experiment and find what works for you.

And being overpowered helps to go real big.
hoxton

Huh that'sinteresting don't edge too hard, I'll try that. Actually thinking about it now it seems obvious. Big winds tomorrow so I'll give it a try.
JGTR

and send kite later than you would normally, I bring kite up as I go up the kicker then send it hard once I've left the kicker, done right you'll get a real extra boost
alan.hastings.50

going past the top of the zenith to 1 or 11 helps with boost plus having the wind cross shore will ease the worry of landing on the beach.
hoxton

Awesome thanks guys. Will give it all a shot.
JGTR

alan.hastings.50 wrote:going past the top of the zenith to 1 or 11 helps with boost plus having the wind cross shore will ease the worry of landing on the beach.
Yep, I send my kite back past the Zenith then send it forward in the direction of travel