relaunching using 5th line and gloved wet hands!

Need help getting upwind or nailing that powered back mobe? Ask your 'how to' questions here.
mike.s

Hi,

Just got back riding Vegas`s again which i`m really enjoying. Dropped them a few times and relaunching pulling the 5th line and then a back line works well to relaunch.

Only problem is with gloves on and wet (obviously!) hands, pulling the 5th line is not that easy!

I ride suicide for unhooked tricks, so can`t pull my leash as its attached to my chicken loop aswell as the 5th line.

Any tips on pulling it through easily!

Its ok in flat water, but i imagine in waves could get trickier!

Cheers, Mike
Dragnfly

I nearly invented the ultimate pair of kiting gloves - except I'd had a few too many scoops and was a bit overzealous.
I had a pair of 5mm lobster mitts - they were unwearable because of the insane arm pump they caused after about 2 minutes.
I cut the palms out of them - and a good portion of the fingers too - this is where I slipped up - I should have left a couple of inches of finger space - sadly, as I chopped too much out, my little fingers keep popping out, which is somewhat annoying.

That said - they are still the best gloves I have ever had, and I will do the same again next time, with more care, and less beer.

Get yourself a pair of these Lobster mitts - 30%! - and cut the palms out, and a little bit of the fingers. Leave the thumb.

With them like this, they keep your hands nice and toasty still, completely cut out the windchill as they are single lined - but its really easy to get your fingers in & out if you need to do any line related activity - then pop them back in. It works very well indeed.
mike.s

Ha - i do actually have some of those already and they do work really well actually -

These ones - http://www.westcountrywatersports.co.uk ... 2994-p.asp

I think the day i was having trouble, i was wearing full gloves (which i hate!). Think i just need to man up a bit and wear the open palm ones more in cold!
JGTR

Add a ball to your 5th line where it attaches to the suicide ring.
alan.hastings.50

JGTR wrote:Add a ball to your 5th line where it attaches to the suicide ring.
This won't work as the ball won't move more than an inch or 2 at the most because the scucide ring is attached to the chicken loop. If you put a smaller ring just above the suicide ring on the 5th line and have bit of rope long enough for a grab so when you pull on the ring the 5th line will run through it. I'm not sure how much rope you need to pull on for your kite but I know on my flexifoil needed a good bit to get the kite to roll on its back.
uploadfromtaptalk1455737386653.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1455737386653.jpg (17.17 KiB) Viewed 700 times