Sea Palling

Berwick-upon-Tweed to Southend ~ Local info and chat.
Renrag39

Sea Palling

Post by Renrag39 »

A moment of silence for me please... :P

I've finally got a kite that I feel safe with... cheers Jack 8) Its very pink lol!

I've finally got a board... :shock:

I've finally got a day off when the wind is forecast good for Sea Palling... :!:

Holy crap I think I'm about ready. :-D
Will be there on wednesday morning until I'm knackered.
Will I have witnesses to my first 'proper' attempt to master boardstarts etc?

Would be good to have some exp. people around to put me right if I need it. Also would be good to get a launch off someone too.

Wish me luck, I'll be downwind in the nooby zone... for now...

Andrew

wackos00

Re: Sea Palling

Post by wackos00 »

Good luck Andrew, I set your bar and lines up to flag out should you need to pull the saftey, Be carefull though tomorrow all the same as it might get up above what it is predicted and new kites always take a bit of getting used to, so I should only fly it if other people are flying there 12's maybe? We will be out at the weekend though I think it will be a Hunny Session.
Thanks again,
Jack

Renrag39

Post by Renrag39 »

Thanks Jack, I'll take that on board and thanks for sorting the safety out. Can't find any wind ranges for the type 9, would I be being conservative enough if I restricted my learning phase to about 15-20mph? I'm only 70kg max with all my gear on.
Oh, and you were right about the board, was released in 2003, must have mixed the dates with something else.

Bit screwed for tomorrow now tho! Car blew a plug out ffs, now I gotta get a helicoil put in. Deepest joy...
F**king DIY dipsh*ts don't know you gotta let a block cool down BEFORE you remove the plugs...

Anyway, see you sometime soon, maybe this weekend but I'll probably run out of light before I get to hunny (early shift!), might even get out before then tho at SP if the wind forecast picks up.

Andrew

Renrag39

Post by Renrag39 »

Try again, car fixed, spotter arranged, lookin good for friday :-D
Anyone else likely to be there? Should get there bout midday.

Andrew

thetrash

Post by thetrash »

It's looking offshore at SP on friday, head further east and it'll be cross shore again :-D

Renrag39

Post by Renrag39 »

Monday morning?

A