Editing software?

All the latest from the world of digital photography and video.
Webbo

Just bought a Gopro HD, brilliant bit of kit! What editing software do peps use? Shot a bit of footage on Saturaday and want to play!! :-D
wackos00

depends on your budget or if your happy to have stolen software, mac or pc, there are some good free pieces even windows movie maker is quite good. I use Adobe premier eliments at work (all their budget could stretch to and we don't do tech stuff just watching back stuff). At home I have used both Adobe Premier Pro and Final Cut pro, both are very similar to each other. I have also had a look at sony vegas briefly and it looked much the same, though I didn't like the layout.
courtintheact

yea hit up final cut pro or premier pro if you can get a copy...it takes some time to learn everything, but its reasonably easy!

all else fails...imovie is a good intro to it all
robclaisse

Check out the Digital Media forum, loads of posts on there about this kind of stuff:
http://kiteboarder.co.uk/kitesurfing/viewforum.php?f=61" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But buy a Mac and get Final Cut Pro or even the new iMovie which is pretty cool ;-)
Webbo

I should open my eyes a bit :oops: I didn't see the Digital Media forum. Thanks!
chuky
Antispam: No

ya echo everyone else, final cut, adobe, or imovie. all much or a muchness just imovie only on mac. i personally use premier as it goes nicely with after effects.
David
Site Admin

I tried a few, ended up with Sony Vegas, I think you will find that choice is mentioned in several threads

Tony
Webbo

Thanks, I've seen the Adobe elements version for sale at £68, I'm used to Photoshop so thinking the layout etc would be similar?? Will try and get a look at Sony's Vegas, not come accross it yet. Best have a look at you tube then!
David
Site Admin

You can download a trial version of sony vegas that lasts one month
Webbo

I just found some reviews on the Adobe and it's being slated! So will try the Sony download, thanks Tony.
David
Site Admin

I think it was sony vegas platinum I tried, need to check
I had to rotate line mount video 90 degrees and found it easiest in Vegas, general editing was also simple

Tony
P-Ride

Final Cut Pro X is so wicked. Interface is vastly more accessible and fun than Adobe Premiere Pro; cannot recommend it enough!
kitegirl110
Antispam: No

There's an app called Antix, available for Android. It basically edits your GoPro footage into highlights so save loads of times if you just want to find your best bits. Maybe check it out?