Is anyone using any of the xacti range of camcorders at the

All the latest from the world of digital photography and video.
Newbie 101

I'm looking for my first hd camcorder, i wanna start filming some kiting flim shots from the water,
I've never been into camera's ect so dont really know what i'm looking for, just want something to kinda point and shoot...?
Been looking at the xacti range, and just wanted to see what people reckon? Want some sort of quality from it so can play it back on a laptop and see where i'm going wrong in tricks... And possibly make a sort utube type film,
If this isnt the type of thing i should be looking at what do you lot use?
Cheers johnny
deskmonkey

Hi Johnny,
I have just purchased the xacti ca100 and spent the day arranging an attachment to my kite - yet to get out on the water with it though. The camera looks ok, although there are a couple of things you may want to think about - compared with the GoPro its wide angle is no where as large hence head cam / board shots are probably going to be difficult however the zoom does appear to make it a more versatile camera which is why I went for this instead. Low light appears a bit sketchy. I'll let you know how I get on - hopefully this week sometime. There are some kite cam shots on you tube from from other users.
Regards
Phil
Newbie 101

Cheers mate, i'm looking to use it from a stationary postion more than having on me when riding,
Just gonna be in the water while a few mate ride around and over me, so hope fully will be a good starting base,
Get some footage up mate when you get it....
Cheers johnny
deskmonkey

Hi Jonny,
Did manage to get out yesterday and give the camera a go, although conditions weren't great. Think my set-up needs a little work as I'm a little off shot for some of the time and I have had to crop a bit in the editing. But overall am pleased with it and it seems to give a more versatile option for the waterproof cameras.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfdPcpEBrWg
Regards
Phil