House / Villa / Cahelt in Tarifa

A very big region ...
ErniE

House / Villa / Cahelt in Tarifa

Post by ErniE »

Anyone rented out a house in or around Tarfia. Wanted to hire one for the family and kids, just wandered if anyone had such expierence or suggestions.

intertraveller

Re: House / Villa / Cahelt in Tarifa

Post by intertraveller »

Yes, few suggestions.

Book well in advance or you will be paying crazy high prices. You also don't want to be too close to the main road. If you plan on going in summer there will be a ton of road noise.

Ideally try to get something in Punta Paloma so you can walk or short-drive to the beach without having to get onto the main road.

You could also consider renting something in Pelayo, which is the mountain between Algeciras and Tarifa. You will pay a lot less and you are still a short drive from Tarifa, the only problem with that is that the drive is on windy mountain roads. If you go in summer the traffic will also be a setback, but if you go in may or september or anytime that isn't summer it will be a 10 minute drive to and from tarifa.

weekendboarder

Post by weekendboarder »

Have been to Tarifa 8 times. The best value & nicest apartment is in my experience,
http://www.tarifaholiday.com/Apartment.html.
Its 10 minutes walk from the old town, has a pool & great views. I personally like to stay in town & drive to the beach in the day. Also this part of town is very nice, near the town beach apartments tend to be noiser & a little chavvy with mopeds whizzing round in the early hours!
Lidl is only 3 miutes walk if you want to stock the fridge for sun downers on the terrace.

Hope this helps (maybe next year now)

Antony (weekendboarder)
Check out my website which I am just starting up. It has some reviews on Tarifa.
http://www.whatcanwedothisweekend.com

ErniE wrote:Anyone rented out a house in or around Tarfia. Wanted to hire one for the family and kids, just wandered if anyone had such expierence or suggestions.

omni

Post by omni »

Hi Weekender,
Great website. Good luck with the launch.

With regards to tarifa. I am looking at going october / november.
How did you get your kite stuff on a low cost airline without paying a lot for it?

ashighasa

Post by ashighasa »

Talk to Frank, Frank Walsh that is +34 67 89 74 454. Tell him ashighasa sent you.