Nobile NHP 2010 - details, release dates and prices.

Product news and press releases from supporting industry members.
(This section is now open for discussion)
Mike B
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

Nobile NHP 2010 - details, release dates and prices.

Post by Mike B »

Available from the 20th October through all Nobile dealers;

Nobile NHP - 2010 - hardcore bite and pop for competitive freestyle

UK Price £539
Euro price 666 euros

NHP 3D
The NHP 3D (Nobile High Performance) is the board of choice for PKRA Pro-Tour winner Asia Litwin and enters its second year with an exceptional, big air freestyle performance bias, without compromising on comfort, making it ideal for riders looking for high power riding, explosive POP and controlled landings. All the grip and upwind drive have been retained from the 2009 model and combined with new levels of rider comfort.
Our all new 3-D Construction shaping now makes it possible to accurately control the flex both longitudinally (tip-to-tip) and laterally (side-to-side) through the board. Stiffer, with less flex along the longitudinal axis, helps hold the edge longer before exploding from the water (necessary for huge air), whilst softer flex across its width, makes fast, dynamic and comfortable landings possible. The stiffer, straighter tips also aid to provide better speed, earlier planing and an almost complete reduction of spray.
The implementation of the Human Concept recognises that there are but a privileged few that ride in butter smooth, flat water everyday. The modified Hydrodynamic Rocker Line increases tip lift allowing the NHP 3D to maintain its performance in difficult conditions with ease, whilst at the same time the Dynamic Asymmetrical Outline massively improves versatility.
If you’re looking to take your all round, big air freestyle riding to the highest levels, without sacrificing control or comfort, the 2010 NHP 3D won’t disappoint.

2010 Features at a glance
-All new 3-D Construction mould allows for even more advanced flex control
-Hydrodynamic Rocker dramatically reduces spray in choppy water
-Dynamic Asymmetrical Outline increases versatility and comfort
-Wider stance options for more stable riding position
-Fin Shims for stronger fin/board connection
-Smaller fins for looseness and manoeuvrability
-3 year warranty against breakage

Note from Mike;
If you are an ardent 666/NHP fan, please also have a look at the 50/50, it's a new design for the 2010 season and both this and the NHP are very different boards to the '08, '09 NHP... mostly due to the 3D mould.

_ new NHP black top 01 copy.jpg

_ new NHP white top 01 copy.jpg

_ new NHP WMN top 01 copy.jpg
Last edited by Mike B on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike B
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

Re: Nobile NHP 2010 - details, release dates and prices.

Post by Mike B »

dealers manual 0103.jpg

nhp pdf.jpg

Ice

Post by Ice »

So when will they actually reach the shops and be available?

How do they compare with the shinn pro 08 And the nhp 09?
Pros and cons?

Have they really sorted the spray problem out this year as theysaid that with the 09 but I soldmube cause of the amount of spray I still got?

Mike B
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

Post by Mike B »

Ice wrote:So when will they actually reach the shops and be available?

How do they compare with the shinn pro 08 And the nhp 09?
Pros and cons?

Have they really sorted the spray problem out this year as theysaid that with the 09 but I soldmube cause of the amount of spray I still got?

They should be in the shops now,
compared to shinn pro '08 - radically different - much more slow speed bite and stablility in high load at slower speeds.
comp to nhp '9 - much more rocker - so more bite and grip, but much less efficiency.

the spray issue is a strange one, the fact is that some people get it all the time, other get none, even with the profilers out. It's a stance thing, but it;'s to do with the efficiency and trim of the board, the less prone it will be the less efficient it will be. I had no spray at all from the 2010 as it has huge baseline rocker, possibly the highest in the industry right now.

G-Bru

Post by G-Bru »

Hey Mike

Is this purely a Freestyle board? Or can it be classified as Freestyle/Freeride?

Where I ride we are not blessed with butter smooth conditions all of the time, so was wondering just how good this board will be in the chop? Also, are the landings pretty forgiving (no slapping or jarring) - some boards I have ridden have left me with a grimace on my face when leaving the water.
I am looking for a board with a good amount of POP, without sacrificing any of the comfort characteristics of a freeride board.

Thanks

G

G-Bru

Post by G-Bru »

So my new 2010 NHP 134x42 arrived whilst I was out boarding at Hayling today.  Fortunately the missus was home to receive it.  It's always a treat to arrive home to a new piece of gear!  The first thing I noticed about the board once carefully removed from the box was the incredibly aggressive rocker line!!!  Wow, never seen a kiteboard with so much rocker before, looks 3 stage, not sure how this is gonna effect how early the board gets planing?  Looks like getting through chop and landings are gonna be a doddle though.  The board also feels lighter than both the 2010 Misfit, 09 X-ride and Protoy I have ridden.  Those new 3D channels look like they are gonna be the business when it comes time to hook up the edge and release some massive pop.  Only gripe is no ABS rails.  Got it in black with the yellow IFS pads - pretty pimp, but more for being able to find the board those dark winter days.  Looking forward to riding it tomorrow in Newgale, will post up my comments of the ride.

G.

PS. Thanks Justin you're the man!

Mike B
Brand Rep'
Brand Rep'

Post by Mike B »

Aggressive rocker indeed!

-The channels are there to siffen the board; so the extra rocker can be added as, in theory, there is less additional rocker flexed ino the board under load.

- Also pomote the board to flex laterally instead of longditudianlly, so when it lands the rails try to touch instead of the tips, this way the board doesnt suffer from hyperfexion bog down that many freeride boards do in eavy landings... for those of us that land that hard!!! lol

- Overall package for powered, rough conditions, maximum mid speed load, bite and pop... It's a very different board to 2008/2009.

G-Bru

Post by G-Bru »

In a word "AWESOME!"

Managed to ride my NHP in most types of conditions this weekend and absolutely loved it. Glides through chop at the greatest of ease, pop is incredible it feels as though you are jumping a spring and landings from big jumps are super smooth and forgiving (no slapping, jarring, knee or back pain). I even had it out in the waves at Broadhaven on Monday and was pleasantly surprised how well it carved and ripped up the surf - INCREDIBLE!

The 2010 NHP is the real deal peeps! Will be interesting to see what review the test riders from Kiteworld magazine give it. For me its 10/10!

G.

John.B

Post by John.B »

G,

Can you get some pics of the rockerline and concave as all I can find online are graphics and the brochure pics and I and I'm sure others would like to see the actual board? If they have sorted the spray to the face and smoothed out the ride but kept the pop and speed then this could be as you described - awesome!

Laters

John

G-Bru

Post by G-Bru »

s29feb wrote:G,

Can you get some pics of the rockerline and concave as all I can find online are graphics and the brochure pics and I and I'm sure others would like to see the actual board? If they have sorted the spray to the face and smoothed out the ride but kept the pop and speed then this could be as you described - awesome!

Laters

John

Alright John

Nope, never experienced any spray to the face in both chop, waves, or flat conditions. Made short work of chop and never felt uncomfortable at any point. Took me a little while to work out how to pop the board correctly for Railey's but once I got the technique dialled the pop was insane!!!
Of the 3 other boards I have ridden the NHP does take just a little bit longer to get going (probably due to that rocker), so probably would not be any good in really light winds, but who wants to ride in 13 knot winds anyway???
Forgot to mention that it manages strong gusts really well, just stuck my heal in and that edge just hooked up no problem.

ROCKERLINE PICS:

Them IFS pads look a little cheap and simple, I had my doubts about comfort and just how good the straps would lock my feet in. Again I was surprised, super comfy under foot with good feedback from the board. At no point did I feel the board was gonna slip off of my feet as the straps did a good job of locking my feet down - Nice!

G.

G-Bru

Post by G-Bru »

First pic again, seemed to have chopped the right of the image off.

Thats better!

G.

John.B

Post by John.B »

Man that is some rocker! I suppose if we could get a picture of boards underwater during load some might look like that though and if the 3D mould stops more happening and less reflex on landing then it is doing the job? It also looks faily continuous throughout and not staged.

Is the pop off a little carve to not load as such but by sort of using the rocker if you catch my drift e.g I have tried boards that you load the tail and it feels as if it 'snaps' back wheras you sort of rock/roll into it on this?

What do you weigh and what kites you using with is to base the range on?

Cheers for the pics :)

John

Ice

Post by Ice »

Took mine out on sunday at saunton sands for my maiden voyage. Thought I would hate wave riding on it but actually due to the rocker it was suprisingly smooth.
Not that experienced in waves but managed a couple of jumps and landings were smooth. Not to keen on the pads. The straps are to small to grab hold of and pull when the board is on your feet and they arnt as comfy as my fone trax4 ones were. Can't wait to try on flatter water to test the pop and upwind ability properly.
Got the feeling it didn't plain as easy as the nhp 09 did but hard to say for sure as was battling waves.
overall from my first session felt a nice smooth and easy riding board.

G-Bru

Post by G-Bru »

Alright John

Ripe old age of 35, ride 8m & 12m RPM's and weigh around 73kgs.

I was using my cable park approach of loading a long progressive edge and scooping out, this technique was not producing the desired result, so yes, you are quite correct, I used the rock/roll technique and this sent me skyward and in my opinion, is a far easier approach to boosting good pop.

Still got to try the board in lighter winds, as I was pretty lit all weekend on my 8m dealing with the gusty stuff.

G.

John.B

Post by John.B »

G,

Cheers for the info - I'm no spring chicken myself at 34 but a few kilos heavier than that and I want to get away with a 10m and 7m (and did with the T5) so would be good to get some feedback on the range of the board.

Tnanks agian for the info fella - hope you get some wind this weekend to further terst the baord.

laters

John