POSSIBLE fraud

Shoot the breeze and stay in the loop with the unhinged and unhooked word on the street.
JGTR

POSSIBLE fraud

Post by JGTR »

Like I say possible, hopefully drgnfly gets things sorted

Thought it an idea to bring it to people's attention as there's alot of interest in the kites

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=53323

JamesVegas

Re: POSSIBLE fraud

Post by JamesVegas »

2012 Vegas with bar for £400? If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. Good luck Dragonfly.

Dragnfly

POSSIBLE fraud

Post by Dragnfly »

Hmmmm...

Wasn't too concerned, but seller has been on the forum last night and this morning and replied to my pm's or email.
Feck
Any advice

Tony seems to be ignoring my pm's too.

New pants please.

BrightonSurf

Post by BrightonSurf »

To be honest their is so much of this shit going on I would not buy anything I was not collecting in person. About 3 years ago I purchased a kite on ebay and told the guy I was going to collect it in person. He said he would prefer to mail it to me which didnt make any sense at all, so I checked out the location of his IP address from his emails and turned out he was in Latvia not London. If I had just sent him the money that would have been the last I would have seen of it. IF you have an address for him I would pay him a visit ASAP.

JamesVegas

Post by JamesVegas »

I've bought loads of good quality gear on here with no problems. The guy selling those Vegas kites has only 1 post and those kites are super cheap so that was going to be a gamble, hopefully he'll come through with the goods but I'd be on the phone to my bank to seeif they can track the guy just in case.

Dragonfly, I think Tony mentioned he's on a road trip and uncontactable ATM.

Good luck.

paulie_amoose

Post by paulie_amoose »

Yeah 1 post.. no pictures.. super cheap kites that are too good to be true.. and £800 disappeared into an unknown account. brown pants for you!

Hope it all works dude...

Dragnfly

POSSIBLE fraud

Post by Dragnfly »

How do you check an ip address? Might give that a go.

sw67

Post by sw67 »

This might turn out ok - dont think the bank will help if it is fraud and the police will say its a civil matter.

As a minimum you should get a land line number and address that can be checked

JGTR

Post by JGTR »

sw67 wrote:This might turn out ok - dont think the bank will help if it is fraud and the police will say its a civil matter.

As a minimum you should get a land line number and address that can be checked

Are you sure about that? It's fraud/theft - could be intent to defraud someone of money = criminal

Aren't Police supposed to be getting tough in Internet fraud, pretty sure there are specific departments set up for it?

Never know he could be known to them??

waverider

Post by waverider »

I agree, this is blatant fraud if it turns out to be how it's looking. The bloke has a bank account in the UK so he is traceable.

I'm hoping this is just some twerp who doesn't realise his responsibility to communicate.

old surf dude
Antispam: No

Post by old surf dude »

I hope you get your money back dragonfly but come on , he only joined three days ago , no pictures , and people are queuing up to send him (or her) £800 :shock:

Jeezy

Post by Jeezy »

That sucks if its fraud! It could happen to anyone, but I would be a bit suspicious of someone who joined the forum a few days ago. I've bought a few kites off here and this has really opened my eyes :shock:

Next time I buy, I will be asking for personal details from the seller and perhaps a friend request on Facebook, so I can check them out and have some sort of case against them if they rip me off :evil:

BrightonSurf

Post by BrightonSurf »

Dragnfly wrote:How do you check an ip address? Might give that a go.

You have to look at the email headers, and how you see those will depend on your program. I found this tutorial:

http://aruljohn.com/info/howtofindipaddress/

You then need to use an iplocator to find where that IP is based:

http://www.ip-address.org/lookup/ip-locator.php

If that doesnt work you might want to try to contact these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MVonyVSQoM

cyberdog1899

Post by cyberdog1899 »

Jeezy wrote:Next time I buy, I will be asking for personal details from the seller and perhaps a friend request on Facebook, so I can check them out and have some sort of case against them if they rip me off :evil:

I've got a couple of new kites - Vegas 2013. My name is James Bond. You can check me up on facebook. If You transfer the money tonight (1K for both complete, only one bar tho'; Western Union transfer prefered) we can arrange pick up from my MI5 office in London any time You want. I work long shifts.

JamesVegas

Post by JamesVegas »

cyberdog1899 wrote:
Jeezy wrote:Next time I buy, I will be asking for personal details from the seller and perhaps a friend request on Facebook, so I can check them out and have some sort of case against them if they rip me off :evil:

I've got a couple of new kites - Vegas 2013. My name is James Bond. You can check me up on facebook. If You transfer the money tonight (1K for both complete, only one bar tho'; Western Union transfer prefered) we can arrange pick up from my MI5 office in London any time You want. I work long shifts.

Constructive.