which 5 line kites on north bar?

Kite questions, info, feedback and tech discussion.
ichabod
Antispam: No

I was wondering if there are any other models of kite which will run on a North 5th element bar with no modifications to the lines? I have no idea which other kites even run 5 lines let alone if they would be suitable...

Thanks!
Dan
gudge

I have used North bars on Best kites just attached a piece of line on the centre attachment point to act as the nose line. You can buy a 5th line upgrade kit for some kites most have the attachment point on the centre of the leading edge, if you post more info on what exactly you have in mind, which combination of kite and bar etc I'm sure you will get the advice you need on here lots of nice people to help you out.
ichabod
Antispam: No

Hi, thanks for the info - I had no idea you could get conversion kits! I suppose all that is required is a place to tie of the 5th line and leave it slightly slack. The reason I ask is because I'm looking to buy a smaller kite but want it ro run on my existing north bar to save some cash (and save weight when travelling). Also I am used to the safety system on the north bar and figure it is safer to stick with one release system that you know well. With that in mind I am trying to work out which kites to keep an eye out for in the second hand section..

Cheers
Dan
rakeem15

You do have to weigh up the eventual cost/benefit though if you're going to spend on conversion kits, extra lines, time spent faffing etc...you might as well stick with Nort.

Good thing about North is that it's arguably got the biggest second-hand market so you don't usually have to wait too long before someone has what you need for sale.

I find Bracklesham Boardriders usually have really good second hand North stuff for sale (hint, you get 10% discount if you like them on facebook too!).